Quad shield RG6 40ft RCA?

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
I know it is not ideal but would RG6 quad shielded ran only next to a heavily shielded HDMI cable be ok?

I want to move my amp and tube buffer to the front of the room to free up space in my in-wall rack for more toys. Plus it would allow me to use my Audioquest CV8+ speaker cables.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• CH46E
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    yep

Thanks Pitt, now if I can just find my RG6 to RCA adapters. :(:(:#:#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    you know you could just terminate the RG6 in RCA right?
  • CH46E
    Yes, but I dont have any on hand. Was going to try and get it done today. Can't locate my rg6 crimp tool and stripper anyways. I have a feeling I know where they are but dont want to be in the garage right now. Very hot, humid and muggy today.
  • CH46E
    Got it all done. Have a horrible ground loop. I've narrowed it down to the HDMI out from the Yamaha HTR to the TV. If I tinker with it at the Yamaha end the ground loop buzz goes away. Tried a Emotiva HDMI and now have a new Monoprice Hoss HDMI. Both are 40 ft and problem is the same with either cable.

Always something right???? :s:s

I think I may slice in more of my 10 guage Romex to the front of the room to feed the amp on and the rest of the equipment.

I have a Belkin PureAV PF60 that is fed from a dedicated 10-3 or 10-4, I'm not sure but there are 4 wires and I have 2 of them to ground on a dedicated 30amp breaker. So maybe, I'll splice in and make an extra run to the Parasound amp at the front of the room.

The RG6 as a RCA cable seems to work well.

m3u2zx9bbcub.jpg
    cwk6ur9qk52n.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    What tubes you running in the yaqin? Just curious?
    Ground loop, you have cable t.v. coming in somewhere?
  • CH46E
    edited October 2018
    The Sylvania get the most use. I like them most. I also have the OEM tubes that came with it. The RCA tubes run extremely hot.

cq5tl7wu8t7s.jpg
    2ez9hilvem6l.jpg
    fkubrb91gf15.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2018
    Nice i have many many tubes. I do have two pair of them GTA's mine do not glow that bright. FYI you can also run 6BL7 and 6BX7 in that as well. I bought some triple mica 6BL7's gta's from Brent Jesse man they work great. I do not keep my cages on because its a biotch to get tubes in and out with in place. Love my buffer!
    I've spent a ton more on tubes than my buffer cost. :D:D

I just bought some Raytheon VT231 built in 1949 boxed and shipped to the military in 1950. They never seen the light if day until 2 weeks ago new old stock all the way. I'm using them right now.
  • CH46E
    Mine is having an issue right now. I think there is a loose ground inside the transformer case. When I took it apart to put in new Clarity caps I removed a screw and could not get it back in and now I hear something moving around when I shake it. This thing is a PITA to work on.

I either had the Chinese or the RCA TUBES in there when I took the picture. My Silvainia tubes are chromed so they dont glow that bright either.

What is the consensus on KEN-RAD tubes?

I also love this buffer.

qqebnbl8e9wt.jpg
    fj3qqydm11ov.jpg

pde6bj7o9z8e.jpg

• pitdogg2
    edited October 2018
    Clarity caps are too big no? 630 v is way to large man. You need 200v or less. The auricaps mod just barely fit. I thought about it but have so far decided to not do yet... yet key word because there are only a few caps that will fit.
    Ken-Rad tubes are the shiite. Very hard to get good sets without paying nos 5692 prices. I'd go 5692 before i spent that kind of money on Ken-Rad's.
    Tung-Sol's American made are very good. I can give you some good ideas and send pictures if you want.
  • CH46E
    edited October 2018
    If you off set one like I did in that first picture they fit fine. I could not find any other Clarity caps for the UF I needed.

Other than physical size is there an issue using the 630v cap? I could have sworn the stock cap were 630v or so.
  • pitdogg2
    No not at all. I was thinking they were much lower voltage.

Here is some reading

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/145315/yaqin-cd3-darkvoice-336se-mods-coupling-caps

I'll research more later been years since i thought about it.
  • CH46E
    I think that was the thread you linked me to when I did the recap.

Do you think it's worth while to replace the power supply caps with Nichicon Gold Tune? At least I think they are power supply caps.
  • pitdogg2
    Your call. I like those Nichicon fine gold or KG muse and Elna silmic II. Of course size plays a huge factor in which ones you use
  • CH46E
    So FYI for anyone needing long rca runs. The RG6 is very well shielded and I am not noticing any I'll effects at all. No buzz or hum. Seems to work pretty good.