Power

13»

Answers

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I have a 500$ spl meter but it for bass my car car got in to the 150s... DBz. The one u down load on phone how far do I stand frm speakers to test

Here's the problem. It sounds like you are trying to recreate what's possible in a car in a home environment. Not going to happen without spending large amounts of money and even then you'd need a perfectly sealed room to achieve it.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I have a 500$ spl meter but it for bass my car car got in to the 150s... DBz. The one u down load on phone how far do I stand frm speakers to test

Here's the problem. It sounds like you are trying to recreate what's possible in a car in a home environment. Not going to happen without spending large amounts of money and even then you'd need a perfectly sealed room to achieve it.

I dunno...I was in a home theater capable of 154.9db this past February...
    Of course, the guy had 8 21" and 4 18" subs along with 5 18" woofers total in his mains...and granted, he had 4 dedicated 30 amp circuits along with a rack full of Speaker Power pro amps...but 154.9db!!!!

#sarcasm
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    There's some money in subs and circuits there . :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    @Justinthomas1977 , that Adcom has some cajones, but it's a bit pricey... Check eBay for comps.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    If you want loud,go stand on the deck of an aircraft carrier while jets are taking off. That's about 130db. Why on earth would you want to listen to anything that loud? Of course you won't ever hear anything ever again. Save money,and just jam a pen in your ears. But that's just my opinion.
    Best of luck!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Justinthomas1977
    Justinthomas1977 Posts: 35
    edited October 2018
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    If you want loud,go stand on the deck of an aircraft carrier while jets are taking off. That's about 130db. Why on earth would you want to listen to anything that loud? Of course you won't ever hear anything ever again. Save money,and just jam a pen in your ears. But that's just my opinion.
    Best of luck!

I don't want crazy loud just loud and clean and my hk 3490 120wpc with my polk monitor 75t speakers is not doing it for me I have turn amp at 0 to be loud it go's frm minus 80to0 then to plus 10
  • tonyb
    Your in dangerous territory at 0 on the volume scale. Ever think it might be something else ? Like the room it is in being over dampened with too much furniture/carpets/drapes ?

Are you using a good quality cable for the speakers ? Some cables can muffle the sound a bit. Are the straps in place on the rear posts ?

What are the settings in the receiver at ? This will also play a huge role in what you hear.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Justinthomas1977
    edited October 2018
    I have good cable.. And posts are tight.. Reciver bass at 12oclock treble at 1oclock.. Room is 17 long 14 wide and I sit 8 feet from speakers.. Oh and I use utube for all music.. And older music not loud at all then I have to turn on eq and turn up all fq
  • Justinthomas1977
    edited October 2018
    I can only get to 90db on meter it one off android phone so I don't no how good it is.. Vol on zero
  • FestYboy
    .. Oh and I use utube for all music.. And older music not loud at all then I have to turn on eq and turn up all fq

I see the first sentence being an issue...

The second sentence? Doesn't make any sense to me... I think what you're saying is you're using an EQ as a pre amp booster to gain signal strength (the worst thing in the world to do...)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The entry level AVR, entry level speakers, the crappy source and zip cord speaker cables all need to be upgraded if you have any hope of getting the sound you want.

If you have any audio stores in your area I suggest you go there and get your listen on. If no stores, go to an audio show.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I too see a bit of problems here.

YouTube is not that great for audio quality.
    Monitor 75T are not made for ear bleeding volume. They are a decent speaker for moderate music and movies.

My teenage son and his friends use to ask me why I still use CD's when it's all right there on line. I had his friend play a tune from his Iphone, I put on the same CD. Now they all see why. Sound quality is much better.

A car does not have that much room to fill with sound as a house does. To get the same SPL in a home vs car is going to take a lot more than what you currently have.

From the OP post in this thread I still say Vega's are his best bet to just go loud.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • tonyb
    Try plugging in a regular CD player and see how it sounds. Utube pretty much sucks for audio.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Justinthomas1977
    edited October 2018
    I will buy that adcom amp and try using a cd player and get my klipsch rf82s back they where louder then these polks with only a 150 rms rating but sensitivey was 98 and I could never blow the tweets on rf82s like I did on polk... Hmm now if the ex will sell them back to me
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I think Justin is intentionally misusing every word he can in a vain attempt to anger me.
  • FestYboy
    Like I said Justin, look at eBay to save some (a lot) of money on the 545...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223159318137
  • Dose the receiver have any thing to do with the sound quality? Or just the separate amp I'm getting... My marantz receiver I had sounded better then this hk one I got with more power at visions for 299 on sale... Should I get a better reciver when I buy my adcom power amp or keep using the hk
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Everything has everything to do with sound quality
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    VR3 wrote: »
    Everything has everything to do with sound quality

That includes your AC power, the power cords, the signal cables, and the speaker cables.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.