Possible move: Cincinnatti - any experience with Cinci?

1235»

Comments

• Drove though Cincinnati this morning, Columbus to Lexington.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Drove though Cincinnati this morning, Columbus to Lexington.

Funny

My brother just drove through Cinci yesterday

He’s in Lexington
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Joey, I was born and raised in the greater Cincinnati area. I left in the early 70s, but still go back from time to time. With the love of a good family, I am sure you can make a wonderful home wherever your career may take you. Like any city of that size, it has a lot to offer. Give it time and you and your family will eventually feel like Cinci is "home". Good luck with your choice. I wish you all the best with your next "adventure".

Thanks Mark... my wife is not excited about the move but Atleast this move is on my terms rather than not, plus I think you can do a lot worse than Cinci and the job offer I got.

So I urge my wife to count the positives and the blessings.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    I mean yes, it would be nice to get a high profile VP job and be moved to a Manhattan apartment overlooking Central Park, a chauffeur, and a 7 figure income and an 8 figure bonus.

But for all of us who live in the real world, our moves are not as flawless or upscale.

For me, Cinci seems like it’s an approacheable city with enough amenities to keep busy, nice suburbs to raise a family, has a Midwest charm that I’m used to, within driving distance to my hometown in Chicago and the job is quite nice.

Atleast that’s what I keep telling myself. Moving is still hard and the thought alone is kinda stressful.

• Joey_V
    Update: contract is coming to me tomorrow for me to look over.

Appears sign on and moving expenses are included and covered.

:smile:
  • If it looks good, and you sign it, don't look back. Just look forward, to the future. Breathe in, breathe out, move on!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Joey, you didn't make it this far in life by accident. You have a good head on those shoulders and I know you'll make the best decision for you and your family.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

I was an Orioles fan in those days -- we don't talk about those guys and the Reds :)
    So you're no longer an Orioles fan??? I'm guessing you've jumped ship on them with their 100+ losses this season??
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited September 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I was an Orioles fan in those days -- we don't talk about those guys and the Reds :)

Hmmm; so you're not an Orioles fan anymore???? I'm guessing you've jumped ship now with the 100+ games they've lost this year?
  • Joey_V
    Sent the contract back for some edits. Awaiting the return.

What kind of stinks is now I’m in limbo and can’t finish the room (though I admit I have been dragging over the past year).

The contract basically states that pending what happens on 11/15 when the hospital board meets, that’s whether the new job takes effect (if the local hospital decides to supplant my group then I am headed to Cinci).

Another 6 weeks of waiting...
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Good luck Joey!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Whatever happens I hope it’s for the best.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Joey_V
    Whatever happens I hope it’s for the best.

Me too
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Joey_V wrote: »

Me too

Ohmygosh, they got Joey!

'Cept I think you have to have that hashtag thingy (ie. pound me too!).
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »

Me too

Ohmygosh, they got Joey!

'Cept I think you have to have that hashtag thingy (ie. pound me too!).

Watch out now!
  • Cincinnati is nice. My only Dallas experience is the time I spent with my customer in Plano. Compared to that cincinnati is definately smaller town feel. We just landed an MLS soccer franchise so most sports are covered.

Suburbs are ok and traffic is tolerable. Any specific questions?
  • Joey_V
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    Cincinnati is nice. My only Dallas experience is the time I spent with my customer in Plano. Compared to that cincinnati is definately smaller town feel. We just landed an MLS soccer franchise so most sports are covered.

Suburbs are ok and traffic is tolerable. Any specific questions?

Best suburbs to live in?

Planning to work at Mercy Fairfield.
  • I have only been lurking for a while. And its because it's a small world...my kids who are now 8 and 11 take my time...why is it a small world??? because they were born at Mercy Fairfield. I live all of about 10 minutes from there.

Is Ricardo still around here? I think he lived in the West Chester area. That may be a decent commute and nice area. I am assuming Indian Hill was out of your price range...as well as quite a drive. Living to the East will put you on the I275 traffic pattern. I live in Fairfield and its nice...just a little older. Homes mostly seem to be from the 70s - 80s with some newer construction.

Living to the west is more country. You looking for space or neighbors?

I am sure Mercy relocation can offer some suggestions as well. Snow is hit an miss...Certainly not Chicago levels, but we do get all 4 seasons and snow does happen for commuting.

Hope all works out for you!
  • Joey_V
    Was thinking mason.

Indian Hills is a little bit of a trek and expensive. Not priced out of all the homes but there are many that are just really up there
  • Yes. Mason is a nice area.