Feeler Alert!!!! Pass Labs X-1 Preamp with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver umbilical

Thinking about parting with my two channel rig, as I have not had any chance to really enjoy it since my son was born, and see even less opportunity to do so as he grows up. This is a feeler thread for my Pass Labs X1 Preamp with the full size, separate power supply and a Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference umbilical cable. This preamp has been the very best pre I have ever owned and pairs perfectly with my Carver Statements.(which may also be listed soon.)

The pre is in near perfect shape and bears the tasteful signature of Nelson Pass himself on the power supply. It comes with all the original packaging and remote, though the remote does show signs of use.

Looking to get $2650.00 shipped CONUS. If there is interest in other gear in my sig, let me know...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    You know I have been leg humping your amps since day one, John. ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2018
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

If I decide to part with them, the price will be 5500.00.... high for a DIY, but no scratch build has the pedigree or top-flight build quality these do. Local pickup, or delivery within 200 miles can be arranged. Absolutely no shipping on them. I also has a bunch of replacement kt120’s I have been stockpiling for another build, but that is so far off at this time... I will include them as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Russ taught you well... :)

John,

Seriously bro....selling off the 2 channel ? My advice is don't....you'll regret it down the road. I know I did. You'll never be able to replace it, for the money you'll get, and get close to the quality you had.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    tonyb wrote: »

Russ taught you well... :)

John,

Seriously bro....selling off the 2 channel ? My advice is don't....you'll regret it down the road. I know I did. You'll never be able to replace it, for the money you'll get, and get close to the quality you had.

^^ This!! Unless you are hard up for cash and haven't eaten in days! I hope you're not parting to buy a classic car, IMO, terrible trade off.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084

tonyb wrote: »

heiney9 wrote: »
    ^^ This!! Unless you are hard up for cash and haven't eaten in days! I hope you're not parting to buy a classic car, IMO, terrible trade off.

^^THIS^^ and ^^THIS^^
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    You DO realize even when your 60, you're gonna be 17 in the head right? Keep your stuff.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    What's your son gonna listen to?
  • tonyb
    Blame it on the bad Chinese food you had last night pal. :) That or step up the quality of bourbon your sippin'.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Reminds me of a music video..... B)

e4phw4eqs8vm.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018
    No regrets on my end guys.... It was a great run, but it know it will never get used. I will be upgrading the HT setup to compensate a bit, so I will still have good music. Looking to upgrade to the Yamaha CX-a5100/MX 5000, and a new Sony HDR capable tv. The only thing I see staying around is the Oppo UDP-205.

Everything else is up for grabs.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    steveinaz wrote: »
    You DO realize even when your 60, you're gonna be 17 in the head right? Keep your stuff.

Agree with Steve here. Keep your stuff! There will a time when you're on the kick again! I keep telling myself that! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    When that day does come, (maybe the Yammy stuff is good enough) I will look to upgrade anyway, so it's best to let someone else enjoy, starting with the preamp.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I will hold onto them no problem. I will even make the trip up, you do owe me a life after all and this is good as starting new John.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    An upgraded Yamaha HT is not going to come close in comparison. But you seem to have your mind made up. You will regret it and be looking for high end gear again in the near future.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • tonyb
    Good luck to you then big guy. All I can opine on, is the fact that I've been there done that and the results are less than what one might expect. Kinda like being used to drinking fine wine, and suddenly only being able to drink Barefoot wine. You'' long to get back a smidgen of what your used to.

In any event, good luck with the sale and the pre is priced well especially with the upgraded cord.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited October 2018
    Hey nothing wrong with barefoot wine... I'm offended you brute.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Barefoot wine????

f3j6qd7o93v7.jpg
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    John I can't believe you are even considering selling the x-1 or your hand crafted carver statements. You don't just go out and replace those when sellers remorse kicks in.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    The amps are the toughest, the X1 can be found any time.

• dpowell
    True, minus a signature and you know how your x1 has been cared for. No bad juju. 😉

One dad's opinion to another, don't rush to sell just because you're not spending much quality time in front of the 1.2TLs. With three kids at home and one being an infant, I can tell you that my listening sessions are limited but it is those rare moments i have a little time to sit back and enjoy the music that I'm glad the system is there ready for me.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Gotta agree with most folks here John. Take it slow and deliberate. I have to say, I got my dream system (thanks to everyone here) down in the basement. During the week, I spend most of my time after work on the computer with my near field system. It doesn't hold a candle to what's downstairs, but I know it's there. Yeah I get a hankering once in a while during the week, but I play it mostly on the weekends.

I will never sell it, but most likely continue to upgrade. That for me is part of the fun in this hobby.

When I retire, things may change, but for now, to quote Charleton Heston, "from my cold dead hands" :smile:

BTW are you really thinking of selling the TL's? PM coming! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I am interested. PM sent.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    verb wrote: »

BTW are you really thinking of selling the TL's? PM coming! :smiley:

Everything is up in the air at the moment, but yes, even those are open to possible relocation.

• nooshinjohn
    PM replied to Tom. Talk with you soon.

• dpowell
    John, if you split up the system and are selling any of your IC's let me know.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    look at it like a audio demon....worse case pack it away for the son to rock on in future years….your system is beyond a work of art and sound..it's in a class of its own
  • dpowell
    John, I had an opportunity to listen to some tunes this am. Held my 4 month old and introduced her to the beautiful Soundstage of SDA 2.3TLs. Nearly an hour of daddy/baby time and good music. Keep the system and find creative ways to enjoy music and family together. 😊