Feeler Alert!!!! Pass Labs X-1 Preamp with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver umbilical

Thinking about parting with my two channel rig, as I have not had any chance to really enjoy it since my son was born, and see even less opportunity to do so as he grows up. This is a feeler thread for my Pass Labs X1 Preamp with the full size, separate power supply and a Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference umbilical cable. This preamp has been the very best pre I have ever owned and pairs perfectly with my Carver Statements.(which may also be listed soon.)

The pre is in near perfect shape and bears the tasteful signature of Nelson Pass himself on the power supply. It comes with all the original packaging and remote, though the remote does show signs of use.

Looking to get $2650.00 shipped CONUS. If there is interest in other gear in my sig, let me know...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,668
    You know I have been leg humping your amps since day one, John. ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,564
    edited September 30
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

If I decide to part with them, the price will be 5500.00.... high for a DIY, but no scratch build has the pedigree or top-flight build quality these do. Local pickup, or delivery within 200 miles can be arranged. Absolutely no shipping on them. I also has a bunch of replacement kt120’s I have been stockpiling for another build, but that is so far off at this time... I will include them as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• tonybtonyb Posts: 30,165

Russ taught you well... :)

John,

Seriously bro....selling off the 2 channel ? My advice is don't....you'll regret it down the road. I know I did. You'll never be able to replace it, for the money you'll get, and get close to the quality you had.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,899
    tonyb wrote: »

Russ taught you well... :)

John,

Seriously bro....selling off the 2 channel ? My advice is don't....you'll regret it down the road. I know I did. You'll never be able to replace it, for the money you'll get, and get close to the quality you had.

^^ This!! Unless you are hard up for cash and haven't eaten in days! I hope you're not parting to buy a classic car, IMO, terrible trade off.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,594

tonyb wrote: »

heiney9 wrote: »
    ^^ This!! Unless you are hard up for cash and haven't eaten in days! I hope you're not parting to buy a classic car, IMO, terrible trade off.

^^THIS^^ and ^^THIS^^
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,416
    You DO realize even when your 60, you're gonna be 17 in the head right? Keep your stuff.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,669
    What's your son gonna listen to?
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
    Blame it on the bad Chinese food you had last night pal. :) That or step up the quality of bourbon your sippin'.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,929
    $102
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,268
    Reminds me of a music video..... B)

e4phw4eqs8vm.jpg
    edited October 1
    No regrets on my end guys.... It was a great run, but it know it will never get used. I will be upgrading the HT setup to compensate a bit, so I will still have good music. Looking to upgrade to the Yamaha CX-a5100/MX 5000, and a new Sony HDR capable tv. The only thing I see staying around is the Oppo UDP-205.

Everything else is up for grabs.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,669
    @nooshinjohn you are DEVO
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,009
    steveinaz wrote: »
    You DO realize even when your 60, you're gonna be 17 in the head right? Keep your stuff.

Agree with Steve here. Keep your stuff! There will a time when you're on the kick again! I keep telling myself that! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    When that day does come, (maybe the Yammy stuff is good enough) I will look to upgrade anyway, so it's best to let someone else enjoy, starting with the preamp.

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,735
    I will hold onto them no problem. I will even make the trip up, you do owe me a life after all and this is good as starting new John.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,899
    An upgraded Yamaha HT is not going to come close in comparison. But you seem to have your mind made up. You will regret it and be looking for high end gear again in the near future.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
    Good luck to you then big guy. All I can opine on, is the fact that I've been there done that and the results are less than what one might expect. Kinda like being used to drinking fine wine, and suddenly only being able to drink Barefoot wine. You'' long to get back a smidgen of what your used to.

In any event, good luck with the sale and the pre is priced well especially with the upgraded cord.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,475
    edited October 2
    Hey nothing wrong with barefoot wine... I'm offended you brute.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,605
    Barefoot wine????

f3j6qd7o93v7.jpg
  • dpowelldpowell Posts: 2,797
    John I can't believe you are even considering selling the x-1 or your hand crafted carver statements. You don't just go out and replace those when sellers remorse kicks in.
    The amps are the toughest, the X1 can be found any time.

True, minus a signature and you know how your x1 has been cared for. No bad juju. 😉

One dad's opinion to another, don't rush to sell just because you're not spending much quality time in front of the 1.2TLs. With three kids at home and one being an infant, I can tell you that my listening sessions are limited but it is those rare moments i have a little time to sit back and enjoy the music that I'm glad the system is there ready for me.
    Gotta agree with most folks here John. Take it slow and deliberate. I have to say, I got my dream system (thanks to everyone here) down in the basement. During the week, I spend most of my time after work on the computer with my near field system. It doesn't hold a candle to what's downstairs, but I know it's there. Yeah I get a hankering once in a while during the week, but I play it mostly on the weekends.

I will never sell it, but most likely continue to upgrade. That for me is part of the fun in this hobby.

When I retire, things may change, but for now, to quote Charleton Heston, "from my cold dead hands" :smile:

BTW are you really thinking of selling the TL's? PM coming! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,535
    I am interested. PM sent.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    verb wrote: »

BTW are you really thinking of selling the TL's? PM coming! :smiley:

Everything is up in the air at the moment, but yes, even those are open to possible relocation.

PM replied to Tom. Talk with you soon.

John, if you split up the system and are selling any of your IC's let me know.
    look at it like a audio demon....worse case pack it away for the son to rock on in future years….your system is beyond a work of art and sound..it's in a class of its own
    John, I had an opportunity to listen to some tunes this am. Held my 4 month old and introduced her to the beautiful Soundstage of SDA 2.3TLs. Nearly an hour of daddy/baby time and good music. Keep the system and find creative ways to enjoy music and family together. 😊