Score!

4dzqzikj0zfp.png

Seen this add on CL last night while at work and figured I'd email the guy this morning. I asked if he'd take $100 for them as they were 90 miles away from me and he agreed. So now I finally have a pair of Monitor 7s! Darn clean ones too I mite add. He says they are series ones but I'm not entirely sure.

0f75gufnabl4.jpg

d44x31ut7uvu.jpg

irk9usa5jy3w.jpg

de4mphejwuac.jpg

3qg68nlsweyy.jpg

I used the radio for a brief warm up before listening to the first few tracks from Groillaz new album The Now Now. I'd have to say that I can hear what all the hype is about the M7s. These things dig DEEP and sound very accurate. Way more so than the monitor 10s.

Cosmetically I would say they are a 7.5 out of 10 only because two of the corners are dinged on one of them and the bottoms are pretty scratched up(didn't take pics). Both screens are near perfect and the drivers are very clean. I'm stoked I finally have a pair of Monitor 7s!
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• Very nice..... Enjoy!!!!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Very nice..... Enjoy!!!!

Thanks, know that these speakers will be played often. I shouldn't have even hooked them up when I got home. I have to work this evening and couldn't peel myself away from them. Think I finally when to bed around 2p this after noon. Its going to be a long 12 hours tonight.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Worth it! Now get to the mods and see (hear) what they can really do.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Thanks guys!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Sweet! Enjoy!
    I think those are series 2 models, cause they have the SL2000’s. But I’m not sure.
    Either way, nice speakers you got there! :)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited September 2018
    Nice indeed. Probably 7C's, 7's and 7B's were fused and used mostly Peerless. CL ad meant by 1st series they were not the later Series 2 that used the SL2500 tweeter.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Good pickup. :) I was thinking all day about digging mine out of the closet, but
    I got sidetracked by new interconnects that UPS delivered...

I think I would get used to them for a couple of weeks before making changes.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • aprazer402 wrote: »
    Nice indeed. Probably 7C's, 7's and 7B's were fused and used mostly Peerless. CL ad meant by 1st series they were not the later Series 2 that used the SL2500 tweeter.

I appreciate the info. I hope I'm able to tear into these properly tomorrow/Friday night.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Congratulations on the great find! They are in very good shape!
  • Nice score! Always wanted a pair to mate with my smallish music room.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Another road trip to get Polk Audio speakers for the record book.

90 miles one way. Check. :):pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nice score! Always wanted a pair to mate with my smallish music room.

I can tell you just based on my short time listening to them that they don't require a large space at all, but wouldn't have any issues filling a larger space with great sound either.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    Another road trip to get Polk Audio speakers for the record book.

90 miles one way. Check. :):pB)

If the price is right I'll drive to get em'.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    You suck, Matt....
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Awesome score! Would love a pair of those someday...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I had a set of these a few years ago. I certainly regret selling them. Great find!
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • Jonesy
    Jonesy Posts: 189
    Those look exactly like the 7C''s I just acquired. Sl2000, no fuse. My tweeter and XO components are date stamped 1987. Yours are likely of the same era.

I highly recommend doing to prescribed upgrades that are well documented here. Fully did a pair of 7B's 10 years ago and could not believe the difference. Like a dumb **** I got rid of them and regretted it ever since.

Have fun!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Pretty sweet! I really like that darker color!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    CH46E wrote: »
    Pretty sweet! I really like that darker color!

Me too, more than I thought I would.