Score!

4dzqzikj0zfp.png

Seen this add on CL last night while at work and figured I'd email the guy this morning. I asked if he'd take $100 for them as they were 90 miles away from me and he agreed. So now I finally have a pair of Monitor 7s! Darn clean ones too I mite add. He says they are series ones but I'm not entirely sure.

0f75gufnabl4.jpg

d44x31ut7uvu.jpg

irk9usa5jy3w.jpg

de4mphejwuac.jpg

3qg68nlsweyy.jpg

I used the radio for a brief warm up before listening to the first few tracks from Groillaz new album The Now Now. I'd have to say that I can hear what all the hype is about the M7s. These things dig DEEP and sound very accurate. Way more so than the monitor 10s.

Cosmetically I would say they are a 7.5 out of 10 only because two of the corners are dinged on one of them and the bottoms are pretty scratched up(didn't take pics). Both screens are near perfect and the drivers are very clean. I'm stoked I finally have a pair of Monitor 7s!
2ch rig:
Speakers: Lsi9
Preamplifier: Parasound P5
Power Amp: Parasound A23
CDP: Pioneer DV-563A; the Denon is riding shotgun.
Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB

Comments

• Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 5,598
    Very nice..... Enjoy!!!!
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7004 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | HP Elite Slice PC | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4 Pro

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node2 | Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | Marantz 2385 |

Bedroom Peactree Nova 125SE | Focal 905's | Bluesound Node | SVS SB2000 Sub

Garage Yamaha R-N303BL | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP2K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's |
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 457
    Very nice..... Enjoy!!!!

Thanks, know that these speakers will be played often. I shouldn't have even hooked them up when I got home. I have to work this evening and couldn't peel myself away from them. Think I finally when to bed around 2p this after noon. Its going to be a long 12 hours tonight.
    2ch rig:
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,981
    Worth it! Now get to the mods and see (hear) what they can really do.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,001
    Nice!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Thanks guys!
    2ch rig:
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,328
    Sweet! Enjoy!
    I think those are series 2 models, cause they have the SL2000’s. But I’m not sure.
    Either way, nice speakers you got there! :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,173
    edited September 25
    Nice indeed. Probably 7C's, 7's and 7B's were fused and used mostly Peerless. CL ad meant by 1st series they were not the later Series 2 that used the SL2500 tweeter.
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 282
    Good pickup. :) I was thinking all day about digging mine out of the closet, but
    I got sidetracked by new interconnects that UPS delivered...

I think I would get used to them for a couple of weeks before making changes.
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Nice indeed. Probably 7C's, 7's and 7B's were fused and used mostly Peerless. CL ad meant by 1st series they were not the later Series 2 that used the SL2500 tweeter.

I appreciate the info. I hope I'm able to tear into these properly tomorrow/Friday night.
    2ch rig:
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,959
    Congratulations on the great find! They are in very good shape!
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,735
    Nice score! Always wanted a pair to mate with my smallish music room.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,502
    Another road trip to get Polk Audio speakers for the record book.

90 miles one way. Check. :) :p B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Nice score! Always wanted a pair to mate with my smallish music room.

I can tell you just based on my short time listening to them that they don't require a large space at all, but wouldn't have any issues filling a larger space with great sound either.
    2ch rig:
    Tony M wrote: »
    Another road trip to get Polk Audio speakers for the record book.

90 miles one way. Check. :) :p B)

If the price is right I'll drive to get em'.
    2ch rig:
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,928
    You suck, Matt....
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,753
    Awesome score! Would love a pair of those someday...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • I had a set of these a few years ago. I certainly regret selling them. Great find!
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • JonesyJonesy Posts: 189
    Those look exactly like the 7C''s I just acquired. Sl2000, no fuse. My tweeter and XO components are date stamped 1987. Yours are likely of the same era.

I highly recommend doing to prescribed upgrades that are well documented here. Fully did a pair of 7B's 10 years ago and could not believe the difference. Like a dumb **** I got rid of them and regretted it ever since.

Have fun!
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 791
    Pretty sweet! I really like that darker color!
    CH46E wrote: »
    Pretty sweet! I really like that darker color!

Me too, more than I thought I would.
    2ch rig: