What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    Thijs Van Leer - Introspection CBS/Sony made in Japan CD
    https://www.discogs.com/Thijs-Van-Leer-Introspection/release/5147927
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    The War On Drugs: A Deeper Understanding.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,495
    54u3ydirtwv9.jpeg

Robin Trower • Victims Alf The Fury
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    MI0001595304.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Good movie, I think this was one of the first Anime flicks I bought myself back in the day when Suncoast was still in malls.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :#:/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

Micah, I’ll make a statement on the vinyl pressings thread specific to this as not to hijack this thread.
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :#:/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

I made my first experience with that album a proper DSOTM session.

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited September 2018
    joecoulson wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

Micah, I’ll make a statement on the vinyl pressings thread specific to this as not to hijack this thread.

I do realize that there are better pressings out there, and that they will sound better, but this definitely doesn’t sound bad.
    Or maybe I can’t miss what I haven’t heard?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Good movie, I think this was one of the first Anime flicks I bought myself back in the day when Suncoast was still in malls.

Oh man, Suncoast at the mall! You just brought back some memories. I would always go in there and pay exorbitant prices for anime back in the day. Good times.

Now I'm going to have to watch Armitage again after listening to the soundtrack yesterday!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :#:lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)
  • SIHAB
    Steve Earle Jerusalem HDCD sourced from a
    California Audio Labs CL-15
    https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Earle-Jerusalem/release/2437264
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :#:lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)

I started audio later than you did. I jumped into the rabbit hole at about age 21 or 22, can't remember now. My Uncle played for me his prized SDA SRS 2s and sent me home with some Paradigm 90P towers, a Denon PRA1200 and a Kenwood power amp that the model escapes me.

Retired the Paradigms for a bit and used some RTA11TLs, gave the Kenwood away on here as a karma and use the Denon with my Adcom GFA545.

Let's just say I was a rambunctious teen and when I was your age I didn't worry about consequences to my actions. Doesn't mean I wasn't good at hiding my dirt though.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited September 2018
    On a J-Pop kick today.

Motohiro Hata - "Can't read Japanese but it's live"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYINWu8Fck8

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Still on my Billy Idol kick. Extended versions remastered.
    yik3fl7min7p.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Dude, never seen so much B.I. Love
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    Jeff Tweedy - Madison

77u8fp701on7.jpeg
  • pumpkinman
    sphqwgdrvjcm.jpeg

Nelson Riddle • Route 66 and other great TV Themes
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Just a dude doing dude-ly things

• pumpkinman
    mb06qof7bhff.jpeg

Gene Clark • s/t
    I only had a mp3 cd-r of this album. So this was a nice find today
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    qabjfcem41dj.jpeg

Herbie Hancock • Flood........Japanese CD
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    8nd4siitampd.jpeg

Grinderman 2
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHAB
    Yusef Lateef's Little Symphony vinyl
  • SIHAB
    Herbie Hancock 'Head Hunters' SACD