Hurricane's direction is looking bad for me.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    From the looks of it, we may get hit next month. It has definitely stalled (as predicted) and is currently moving at a whopping clip of 3 whole miles per hour. Charlotte - Mecklenburgh schools have already been called off for Monday. It was supposed to be here in an hour according to this morning's forecast. May not even hit until tomorrow morning. They have no idea where this thing is going me thinks.

Those that are currently under the swath? I feel for them. I believe Tony is one of them and given that his land looked pretty flat? He might have had to evacuate. Anyone have his number?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I threw a frisbee in hurricane Irma, to see how far it would go. I wrote my address and stuff on it for the person who found it to return. I never saw it again. It was cool though, watching it fly away... it went way up high before we couldn’t see it, I’d guess it’s in the ocean somewhere.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I threw a frisbee in hurricane Irma, to see how far it would go. I wrote my address and stuff on it for the person who found it to return. I never saw it again. It was cool though, watching it fly away... it went way up high before we couldn’t see it, I’d guess it’s in the ocean somewhere.

Didn't you get the memo about plastics in the oceans. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    tonyb wrote: »

If I’d known it was gonna go as far as it did, I wouldn’t have thrown it! :lol:
  • treitz3
    Eh, don't mind him. He must be turning Liberal today.

Not Tony
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

That only applies to straws.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Eh, don't mind him. He must be turning Liberal today.
    Fighting words Tom....

Not Tony
  • mlistens03
    F1nut wrote: »

That only applies to straws.

Ooohhhh... ok, I get it now. :)
    Not like 1 frisbee is worth ~100 straws or anything. :wink:
    Not Jesse
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm so tall, I don't need to jump to catch a Frisbee®.

Not Tiny
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2018
    Those that are currently under the swath? I feel for them. I believe Tony is one of them and given that his land looked pretty flat? He might have had to evacuate. Anyone have his number?

Tom

I just tried to call Tony's landline and it said "Due to network difficulties, your call could not be completed at this time. Please try your call again later."

:/
  • Clipdat
    Thank you for trying. If you do get a hold of him, tell him to head to Charlotte (if needed). I'll house him, his dogs, wife...whatever.

Tom

I'll relay that to him if I can get through. I'll keep trying periodically, but I just tried again and it's the same message. I guess the storm has knocked out the phone lines. Ugh, I'm worried about my friend!
  • Nobody has his cell# ?
  • Most likely he is one of the folks who lost power and even cell phone coverage ... it happens during storms

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • treitz3
    Charlotte missed the bullet. A month from now, it may hit. Our only concern is flooding in the typical areas. Much like that of a normal storm.

The coastal and low lying areas? Pray for them.

Tom
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Most likely he is one of the folks who lost power and even cell phone coverage ... it happens during storms
    Agreed. When we were hit with Irma cell service was zero while storm was over us. Then service was spotty for the next week or two as towers were damaged. Florence is hanging out so long, it's just gonna take some time before Tony is able to give us an update.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Praying for everyone
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Clipdat
    Nobody has his cell# ?

Tony is oldschool. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have one. If he does, I don't have the number.

I'm pretty sure his wife has a cell phone, but again, I don't have the number unfortunately.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    I've gone 13 years with out any issues. Unfortunately, that streak appears to be coming to an end :'(
    Projected path is going right over Columbia, SC, hopefully it continues to weaken even more.

Some mood music for the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO23B5C_Mcw

And for our buddies in the Atlantic Fleet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00z0KFI2Utk
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nobody has his cell# ?

Tony is oldschool.
    k5obtkeo1513.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    ajyqo1f1pb7i.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Thoughts and prayers for Tony. My man! Hope you are safe!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I'm thinking he is OK. Probably just communication issues. :|
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Tony you faring ok with this if you can update?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Most likely he is one of the folks who lost power and even cell phone coverage ... it happens during storms

Last i heard yesterday 300,000 without power or phone. I'm sure Tony's cell (if he has one) is suitcase sized and analog
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Tony may not have a generator or he might be on verizon which is having serious cell issues (my wife’s carrier).

We are still in bands with flood and tornado watches. Haven’t seen power crews. They may be elsewhere or, more likely, waiting for clear signal which, as storm is moving at 2mph, will take a while.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Tony may not have a generator or he might be on verizon which is having serious cell issues (my wife’s carrier).

We are still in bands with flood and tornado watches. Haven’t seen power crews. They may be elsewhere or, more likely, waiting for clear signal which, as storm is moving at 2mph, will take a while.
    God bless you and the family. Hope you guys stay safe.