Polk 265-rt placement height

I'm installing 3 LCR 265'rt behind an AT screen. how high should they be off the floor?

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,701
    Should sit at the horizontal centerline of the screen.
  • why the centerline? Seems like the trend is tweeter at ear level.
    FestYboy wrote: »

For 2 channel, yes, but you want the sound to come from the same place your eyes are looking in a HT.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    dremmick wrote: »
    why the centerline? Seems like the trend is tweeter at ear level.
    FestYboy wrote: »

When you set it up like this, the sound will sound like its coming from the TV, not above or below it. I think.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • my screen is mounted as shown thimpc69xflo.png
    Ok, but you don't look at the bottom third of your screen... And the sound shouldn't come from the bottom third either.
  • Aim for tweeters to be ear height when sitting.

When we did the speakers behind a projection screen for my parent's den, we placed them tweeter ear height while screen was mounted similar to pic above (eyeline coming out close to 1/3rd of screen height).

Both movies and music performance were excellent and I wouldn't do it any other way.