Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ repost, but good looking none the less.
  • Those monitor 5 juniors look sweet and for only $90 that's a steal!
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
    Random cables
    Bic f12
    Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
    Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ repost, but good looking none the less.

Opps, Good SDA's need a bump once in a while ;)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Saw an ad with these for sale. Unfortunately no pic without the grills. The pic of the rear shows serial number number 61XX. The interconnect socket is not identifiable as to pin/blade or blade/blade. Help from CRS experts is requested. Thanks.wk4jdvc5y2gn.jpg

Blade/blade = cabinet

Pin/blade = binding post cup.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Viking64 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Shut up Jimmy

COME AT ME, BRO!

0wqougxfmoef.jpg

I like you man... but not every post requires a friggen pug-puppy response.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I like you man... but not every post requires a friggen pug-puppy response.

Of course not, but it makes a lot of people happy....and other things. :p
  • FestYboy
    Too bad, the cabs didn't look all that bad.7jcu6uanovw8.jpg

That's still a good deal...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    What’s wrong with the blade/Blade IC Polk’s? Mine sound great...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with the blade/Blade IC Polk’s? Mine sound great...

Nothing at all. The pin blade can use the dreadnaught, blade/blade cannot. I also like the older style of cabinets better.
  • FestYboy
    I bought them, but I'm afraid I paid retail. $60 wasn't necessarily a bargain. :/

Ok, now I really hate you... >:)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited September 2018
    60 bucks... :o

You paid too much! :s:)

FANTASTIC! :DB) ….you did good.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice! Great find! And ruffled up Festivus a bit! That’s what I call a 2fer! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    edited September 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I bought them, but I'm afraid I paid retail. $60 wasn't necessarily a bargain. :/

@FestYboy, Eventually you'll come across a smoking deal. Then we'll say you suck!!

In the meantime you might have some very slight anger issues.... :D LOL!!!

Of course I sometimes have those ever so slight anger issues myself when someone beats me to an Offer up/Craigslist smoking deal..... ;)
  • Tony M
    I agree...Keep a look out Arty.

You'll get some more sweet deals. Guaranteed. ;)
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225

Well when you eventually find your Pin/Blade CRS's and if you happen to find a 2nd pair you don't want. Let me know I'm only a state away...... And I will do the same on my end if I find a 2nd pair first. :)
  • FestYboy
    kmeek wrote: »

@FestYboy, Eventually you'll come across a smoking deal. Then we'll say you suck!!

In the meantime you might have some very slight anger issues.... :D LOL!!!

Of course I sometimes have those ever so slight anger issues myself when someone beats me to an Offer up/Craigslist smoking deal..... ;)
    Tony M wrote: »
    I agree...Keep a look out Arty.

You'll get some more sweet deals. Guaranteed. ;)

I search almost daily... Which lead me to the 8Ts I picked up today. Not for a bad price, but nothing like I see @la2vegas gets on the regular. It's all about location though.
  • Tony M
    Location, location, location. ;)

You are sooo right.

San Francisco was/is the place to be this past year for sure!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    I've never seen these before. Anyone have experience with them?
    zusmiudb8fy3.jpg
  • FestYboy
    Just polked around again... Found this 2 hours away:
    https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-with/6687540608.html
    And that would complete my RTA collection if I can get it.
  • aprazer402
    No problem. Just being inquisitive rather than serious about them. I have too many now!
  • aprazer402
    edited September 2018
    @la2vegas It appears you're a Raiders fan. In late summer of 2004 after an evening of golf several of us had an unexpected visitor. One of our league members had a close friend that was an Asst. A.D. at Nebraska. After golf the Asst. AD walks into the bar we were at with Bill Callahan. Bill was starting his head coaching job at Nebraska the next day. I think they were coming from the Omaha airport and driving to Lincoln. Bill sat across the table from me. We had a nice short talk. Another friend sitting next to Bill, a huge Raider's fan, asked him if he thought it was going to be harder living up to what Nebraska was expecting or having had to work for Al Davis. Bill laughed and really was kind of unsure how to answer as he was not prepared for such a question. In the four years that followed he had the lowest winning percentage by a head coach at Nebraska in 46 years.
  • Tony M
    Those M3's are FANTASTIC!

I've owned and have been using them for 20 years in my living-room for rear surrounds and in my dining-room for main fronts for just as long. I was going to use some for my back porch but haven't done it yet. :s

I have M5's for my dinning-room rears too. :)

BUT when you buy them, MAKE SURE THE MOUNTING BRACKET and IT'S TWO LOCKING PINS ARE ALL WITH THEM. The bracket and pins are NESSESARY to be able to mount then up in a corner of the room. Or anywhere on a wall you desire. Those brackets have brilliant engineering designed into them! Brilliant!

They have better bass output mounted in a corner and they just sound RIGHT there to me.

I owned about 7 pair of them at once. If I saw some at a yard sale or pawn shop or where ever for cheap, ( 40.00 or less) I'd buy them. That was a long time ago. They're cheaper now for sure.

Remember...The mounting bracket and PINS are essential! Unless they're 5.00 a pair, even I would buy them for that and just put them on a shelf I guess.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited September 2018
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    I've never seen these before. Anyone have experience with them?
    zusmiudb8fy3.jpg

I have those at my lady's house. They're good for a patio or surrounds. See them often for $30-60.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    verb wrote: »

Early 5As but the grill/cabinet is wrong... interesting.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    verb wrote: »

Early 5As but the grill/cabinet is wrong... interesting.

Those are exactly what mine look like. Unfortunately when I picked them up the tags were missing on the back.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W