• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    Good on ya Russ!

Just doing my part Victor.
    LSAF is still yours for the taking.

Victor...just don't room with Tom...Tony knows why.

TonyM and TonyB are two different people Ryan.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Good on ya Russ!

This is no shiitz.... Victor is one of the most chillass wheelies I've ever met. We have talked for years here and only met face to face a few weeks ago.
    Dude works hard for what he has.
    His wife is fire **** hot and doesn't know it....
  • Y’all gonna be fighting over the one pair of f/x’s.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    adb3da wrote: »
    What’s the back story on these?

The entrance to this particular rabbit hole is the first post to Misc Audio Deals of the Day on Aug 20, by @scubalab
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    stretchl wrote: »
    6 cherry lsim-703, 5 ebony lsim-703, 1 cherry lsim-705, 1 pair lsim-702-fx.

Just opened one box that was pretty banged up. Speaker is minty.

Not sure how I’m going to handle the sales yet, but I’m in champaign, central IL.

AWW CRAP SON, you in DRIVING distance for me bro lol.....

So now i know the text about how close i am to Champaign..... dang your google machine must of been broke lol

Actually not, something much cheaper larger and heavier was the reason for that.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    adb3da wrote: »
    What’s the back story on these?

The entrance to this particular rabbit hole is the first post to Misc Audio Deals of the Day on Aug 20, by @scubalab

Got it, thanks! Interesting to say the least! Good luck!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Stretchl - glad you were able to pick these up and that they appear to be in new condition! My experience with a refurbished Polk speaker was great as well. It was brand new and the ONLY way it was identified as a refurb was the shipping box was assembled inside out.

Very gracious of you to put 10% of your sale profits towards Doug's son's gofundme page.

Are you planning on keeping any for yourself? I've always wanted to try the 703s, but really don't have anywhere to use them that I'm not already satisfied with what I have!
  • stretchl
    scubalab wrote: »
    Stretchl - glad you were able to pick these up and that they appear to be in new condition! My experience with a refurbished Polk speaker was great as well. It was brand new and the ONLY way it was identified as a refurb was the shipping box was assembled inside out.

Very gracious of you to put 10% of your sale profits towards Doug's son's gofundme page.

Are you planning on keeping any for yourself? I've always wanted to try the 703s, but really don't have anywhere to use them that I'm not already satisfied with what I have!

Many thanks to you for finding that Miscellaneous Deal o' the Day! :)

Right now I'm planning to sell everything to raise funds for a nice amp, or monoblocks, to complement my newly acquired Joule Electra LA-100/iii and Modwrighted Oppo BDP-105. I really don't have an appropriate place for the 703's, I don't do home theater and I have a pair of 705's.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • EndersShadow
    ......I have a pair of 705's.

Now you have a L/R/C of 705's

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • stretchl

Do people do that??
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Only if you lay it on it's side. :D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Do people do that??

Yes, most though will use it if they have a projector and the screen can be above the speaker.
  • DaveHo wrote: »

Wasn't this the goofball from WV?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    DaveHo wrote: »

Yes
    Trailor mike lol
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »

Yes
    Trailor mike lol

I think they were Klipsch speakers iirc.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow

Do people do that??

Yes, but as Ivan stated, normally its when they have a projector and the screen is acoustically transparent. Movie theaters all use the same L/R/C speaker mounted behind the screen.

I'm gonna guess your setup wouldn't facilitate that off the bat though lol, I know mine wouldnt
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    6 cherry lsim-703, 5 ebony lsim-703, 1 cherry lsim-705, 1 pair lsim-702-fx.

Just opened one box that was pretty banged up. Speaker is minty.

Not sure how I’m going to handle the sales yet, but I’m in champaign, central IL.

AWW CRAP SON, you in DRIVING distance for me bro lol.....
    A could of hours away as well. It would be cool to have the 703's and a 706 again. I miss that 706 even though my budget Boston VR920 play very nice. a setup with the 702 added would be nice.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Good on ya Russ!

This is no shiitz.... Victor is one of the most chillass wheelies I've ever met. We have talked for years here and only met face to face a few weeks ago.
    Dude works hard for what he has.
    His wife is fire **** hot and doesn't know it....

Thanks for the kind words there Russ!

Yes, she's very pretty and yes, she knows I believe that to be true.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • stretchl
    The more I read about the 703, which I wasn’t really familiar with before this purchase, the more I wonder how they would substitute for my 705 floorstanding.

Specifically, given the layout of my room, I could put the 703’s farther apart than the 705‘s, which only about 6 feet from one another, and I wonder if that would give me better soundstaging?

I know the 703’s Witten play as loudly, but it’s a fairly small room, so I wonder if the 705’s may be overkill in that space.

One problem in testing a pair will be that the MIT cables go through the crawl space beneath the listening room on their way to the 705’s. I’d now want to fish those out, so I’d have to test the 703’s with a roll of monster cable. Which I suppose would be interesting but Would certainly throw a huge unknown variable into the works.
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    So, was a price ever discussed on a pair of 703's?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Hi Stretch, there really isn't any such thing as overkill, unless you've done something crazy like having wall to wall speakers.

Are you sure about having more space to pull them apart? Have you factored in that you will have to buy stands to put them on? How small is small?

Think about this carefully before making a big move.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Hi Stretch, there really isn't any such thing as overkill, unless you've done something crazy like having wall to wall speakers.

Are you sure about having more space to pull them apart? Have you factored in that you will have to buy stands to put them on? How small is small?

Think about this carefully before making a big move.

Sometimes, if a big speaker is in a small room, it can overpower the room. Conversely, if the speaker is too small, it won't fill the room. So, it is possible but only @stretchl knows for sure if that's what is happening. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • stretchl
    heiney9 wrote: »
    So, was a price ever discussed on a pair of 703's?

I have not have not come to a conclusion on pricing. Really haven’t had much of a chance to think about it as the day after the arrived I left town for the weekend with my family.
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • stretchl

I’ll have to shoot a photo of the space, but there’s no good way to move the 705’s farther apart. The 703’s would have to be, literally, on bookshelves. And probably higher than would be appropriate anyway.
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • stretchl

I’ll have to shoot a photo of the space. There’s really no way to move the 705’s farther apart. And the 703’s would have to be set on bookshelves. And they might be higher there than would be ideal, anyway.
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I hate seeing bookshelf speakers in bookshelves, regardless of the fact that they call them that. Then on top of that, to be higher than ear level? Keep the 705s.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    No rush, just thought maybe I missed pricing etc.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!