Help needed for my Son and Grandson

If you can, please help. My Son, an Iraqi war veteran, has MS and has been off work for 2 months due to a broken bone in his foot. You can read more on his gofundme page.
https://www.gofundme.com/5rde6zc
Every little bit helps, so please donate anything you can. I wish I had a big bank account and could help him more. Everything I have is tied up in Douglas Connection, and I'm sending him what I can, but it's not nearly enough. I'll be listing some cables I have on hand in the next couple of days so I can help him out more. To buy these cables all you will need to do is donate to his go fund me page. That's the best way I can figure to help him right now.

Thank you for anything you can do to help my Son and Grandson.
Doug
Sunfire Theater Grand IV
Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
SRS 2.1TL
SDA 2BTL's
CSiA6
FXiA4
FXiA6
SDA 2A's
Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    This community shouldn't have any problem surpassing his goal, Doug. We got this.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I don’t have any money to send, but I’ll be keeping him in my prayers.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Doug,

MS is a big bite in the butt and I’m sorry to hear of your son’s and grandson’s issues. Keeping you all in my thoughts throughout this ordeal.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Doug I feel for ya. My brother has MS for over 20 years now and currently in a wheelchair with 24/7 assisted living. My thoughts and prayers for your Son and Grandson.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Bump :)
    Sal Palooza
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Thank you everyone! Wow... Thank you Polk Family. Y'all have really stepped up to the plate on this. I really appreciate the outpouring of love and $ for my Son and Grandson. They are over half way to the goal in the first 24 hours!
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• helipilotdoug
    I have listed several cables and a Solidsteel rack in the For Sale category at very discounted prices that you can pick up by donating to my Sons gofundme page. Shipping to any US address is included in the minimum donation price. Thanks :)
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• helipilotdoug
    voltz wrote: »
    After Working 33 straight weeks of Mandatory Overtime my boss asked if I wanted to volunteer for 8 hours Sunday? I told him sure and he almost fell down.

He asked what I was buying and I told him nothing, just helping a friend out!

This will be the easiest Sunday I've ever worked as I finally realize how blessed I have been.

I look forward to meeting Joe someday :)

Thank you so much Darryl. You have no idea how much this means. If you ever need anything, just let me know. I feel so blessed to know folks like you and others on the Polk Forum that have been so generous. Thank you.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Just glad I was in a position to help out, I know your always there for anything I may ever need ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • helipilotdoug
    voltz wrote: »
    Just glad I was in a position to help out, I know your always there for anything I may ever need ;)

That's for sure! :)
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Bump. How is your son doing?
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    I’ve been wondering, too.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Thanks for asking guys. I wish I had better news.
    He planned on being back to work by now, but catching a break seems impossible lately. The end of September rolled around, and his doctor released him to go back to work with the cast on his foot, but his work couldn’t let him return because wearing that in a shop is an OSHA violation. They extended his leave out until November 15th, his next appointment with the podiatrist.

He's also needing to travel up to Minnesota for treatment at the Mayo Clinic for his MS and Optic Neuritis. He has an appointments on November 6th and 7th, with more tests to be ordered. So we still need to get him some extra $ I still have several cables for sale by donation to his gofundme page.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• Clipdat
    Here's an update on Joe from his GoFundMe page:

"Things medically are starting to improve finally. Had surgery on my foot a month ago, still hurts like heck but should be out of The cast in a little more than a month and back to work.

Yesterday I started a new chemo drug that will hopefully over the next 6 months wean me off the steroids, which will help my body a lot.

Still waiting on that darn tax refund. Since I claim the child tax credit, I don’t get it until the end of February. Better than last year when I got audited though.

In all and all, things could be better, but they are better than they were."
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    good news . . . finally
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Good to hear, hope things continue to improve.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Good to hear.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Clipdat
    Here's another update from Doug's son:

"Approaching the one year mark, and still haven’t healed. Been using a bone growth stimulator. Well today, I broke my left foot.... actually broke the same bone as the right foot.

A little while back they started to give me a new medication called Rituxan. 2 infusions every 6 months, and taper off the steroids, which is the cause of most of the problems. Had an allergic reaction, but it is working. Steroid use is cut in half right now, but still having vertigo and get lightheaded when I stand up.

Last month I was admitted to the hospital again, 6 days this time. As usual, pump me full of fluids and drugs, all the tests come back negative. Looks like I’ll be shopping for one of those fold up wheelchairs.

I want to thank everybody that has helped us out. Without your kindness, I’d have been up the creek without a paddle.

Take care
    Joe"
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Thanks for the update Drew.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Sent a few bucks just now. Not much but every penny counts I suspect.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Clipdat
    Latest update from Doug's son. Poor guy. Sounds like one thing after the other :(

"After seeing more doctors, they have decided to do a cardiac cath to explore my heart and see if it’s anything in there causing problems.

Had my MRI on my spine today, lance I broke the L4 vertebrae a few weeks ago, to see if they are going to cement in the cracks or let it heal naturally.

Surgery on my left foot (turned out to be a near identical jones fracture compared to the right foot. Cataract surgery at the end of July also. Busy month. Having a bone density scan done in August.

Today I exhausted my short term disability coverage. I have long term also, but they said it can take up to 45 days to approve. Well, crap.

That’s about it for now, thanks everyone.

Joe"

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "After seeing more doctors, they have decided to do a cardiac cath to explore my heart and see if it’s anything in there causing problems.

The true meaning of practicing medicine.

My heart goes out to Joe. Life can really be a beetch sometimes ... prayers sent
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Sent a few bucks just now. Not much but every penny counts I suspect.

when it comes to giving, it is always or should be always be a thought about giving what you can but not what you can't as many people have to much to handle already like Joe, most have to take care of their own family's 1st. others like me who worked 52 week of straight mandatory overtime last year have money to burn and other do not!

My Heart goes out to Joe and I do what I can, but I am in a different boat then most people right now! When it comes to helping, I love helping those that I know and/or at least charities that I think really make a difference.

I thank God I am healthy and that I can do my job without restrictions or problems and have not suffer a horrible accident that can be so crippling and dosen't seem to heal :'( to many of my best friends have suffered thru this! sometime life isn't fair!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited November 2019
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.