oppo

Has anyone received a confirmation from oppo this month? I signed up for the list in June. Haven't heard a thing. I signed up for both units.

Comments

• beaglehead12
    beaglehead12 Posts: 80
    edited August 2018
    Nope. I believe I signed up late April early May.
    Post edited by beaglehead12 on
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Signed up in late June. Nary a peep from them thus far. Wondering if I missed the boat...
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I received mine last month and purchased the 203. I never got one on the 205
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Same here... nuthin!
  • Yep, nada here.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • stretchl
    I just emailed Oppo customer service to find out what was going on and I received the following reply, which may be informative:

"I've looked up this email address and looks like your registration is late June for the UDP-205 Interest List. If that information is accurate, the player is not likely going to be available to you as there are thousands ahead in the queue and we are not able to manufacture enough units for everyone in the queue.

Best Regards,

Customer Service"

Missed the proverbial boat. :(
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I'm with you on this, Jesse. But the fact that they're doing these last runs is almost a gift, IMO. Demand almost always goes through the roof as soon as you tell people they can't have something* anymore, right?
    Maybe they will have a change of heart, but if I had to guess, they probably committed their resources to their other items.

*look at the plastic straw issue
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2018
    That news alone makes me more happy that I have 2 of them but also sad to see it going away..

I wonder if they pulled emails from that were returning customers through the years and put them in a priority list? Not sure if that is possible but just a thought..
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    We weren't given any options down under....Pretty much "No Longer Available". Spoke with reps here and they informed me mainly because of our :/ zone
  • stretchl
    “our zone” ?
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited August 2018
    stretchl wrote: »
    “our zone” ?

Players are zoned through out the world. As well as the media that is played in them. Buying a DVD in the USA that DVD likely well not play in a machine built for the Aussie or African market. I believe the zones are 1 through 5. Then of course you have the whole NTSC and PAL thing.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Here is a world map of DVD regions:

qncj42dshvt6.png
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    So true...All though ,4 k disks can be played from any zone in any player!
  • stretchl
    OIC. I knew about the various regions, just missed the reference for some reason. Thanks.
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • ^^None to buy, no button too add to cart.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    ^^None to buy, no button too add to cart.

Must have sold right away. Usually they only have one so they go fast.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • ^^yep, appears it was a demo, I was too late.