PS4 Pro

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
Hello all,
I have been away from Playstation since the Ps3. It was the last one we had and I never got into the 4 due to the Xbox.
My Son is hell bent on getting the new Spiderman game coming out in September and Best Buy is having a killer bundle that includes the game and the Pro together.
Curious on how good this console is? How is the online gaming world in Sony? We have been using Xbox Live since it came out and I think it's the overall best thing ever to come to the gaming world. How does Sony's experience compare to Live?
Either way come September we will have the Playstation 4 Pro and Spiderman and I'm gonna pick up the new Street fighter as I miss those games since they are not available on Xbox anymore which sucks.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    I have both PS4 and Xbox One and I think the online platforms are just as good on each system.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    So the PS4 pro online platform has squads, live chat, group chat, team chat etc? Friends lists?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    mantis wrote: »
    So the PS4 pro online platform has squads, live chat, group chat, team chat etc? Friends lists?

Yeah, it has all of that. It isn't free, but neither is Xbox Live Gold. I think Playstation Plus is $60/year.

Here is a write up with comparisons on the two consoles. In my opinion they are pretty interchangable. Playstation has alot of really good exclusive titles so I like having both. I tend to play PS4 more, but I enjoy the XBox One when I play it too.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/xbox-one-vs-ps4,review-2543.html

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I've played both briefly, and both are a lot of fun. I personally find the Xbox menus a little easier to navigate, and I like the Xbox controller a whole lot more than the PlayStation controller. If I could only get one, it would be an Xbox, but the PlayStation is also a great console. IMO, of course.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I don't have the supporting data but would be curious to know which platform needs more time to do update.... If Xbox is anything like MS Windows .... well that would suck
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I don't have the supporting data but would be curious to know which platform needs more time to do update.... If Xbox is anything like MS Windows .... well that would suck

From my experience with the 360, the updates tend to last 15-30 minutes, and only one time in the six years we owned it did it do a 2 hour update. We think it was because the WiFi wasn't working correctly.
    Of course, the 360 and the One are different animals, so YMMV.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I have the XBOX One X and the PS4 Pro, so $900 in consoles. They each have their strengths although I think you could make the argument that the XBOX One X is objectively a better machine, ultimately it comes down to choice of games and I don't know that I could choose just one. Here are my thoughts:

XBOX One X Strengths:
    - XBOX Enhanced games
    - 4K Blu Ray Player
    - More ergonomic controller
    - Cross platform games that you buy on XBOX or Windows like Forza or Gears of War also come with a copy on the other platform

PS4 Pro Strengths:
    - Better exclusive games overall, by a wide margin IMO and by game sales
    - Better Interface

The XBOX Enhanced games are a huge deal, I literally spent $500 on the XBOX One X so that I could go back and play Red Dead Redemption in 4K. That and the LA Noire Enhanced are the only two games I own for the XBOX, and they're worth every damn penny of the $500 price tag.

The reason to get the PS4 Pro is the exclusive titles, which are much more diverse and generally better than the XBOX titles. Games like Detroit, Uncharted, Horizon, and the upcoming Spiderman are worth the price tag.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I have heard of some Xbox one updates being pretty long. For PS4 I haven't had one last over 5-10 minutes MAX. I have had mine for almost 3 years now.

I was Xbox before the Ps4 now PS4 > Xbox
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member