Introducing Brown Dog

hkaoivjjrok5.jpg

He's a mixed breed with extra toes on his back paws and about 3-3.25 years old.
We were given an open evaluation period to decide if he's a good fit for me and the wife.

He has been fixed, all shots and is chipped.

Over the 5 last days he's shown excellent command following skills. He has not jumped in the pool, got in the trash or got onto any furniture and NO accidents in the house. He goes to the back door to let you know when he needs to go out and do his business.

He has a wellness visit scheduled first of next week with the Vet.

The shelter named him Logan, I just call him brown dog. However, we decided to let the great nieces and nephews come up with a name.

Some of there choices were.

Counter top??? Who knows where that one came from? I think that came from our kitchen counter top having some brown and white in it :D
Smores??? Kid said smores are brown and white and he is too.
Sampson. Not bad.
Toby. For his goofey toes.
Brownie. Cause they are brown one kid said.
Bruno. Meh.
Buddy. Meh.
Yogi. Meh.
Fluffy Ears???
Oh and Scooby Doo.

He is very well behaved and extremely loving which is all good.

He's not too good when it comes to rabbits, squirrels, birds and butterflies.
Reflections from light get his attention also.

When I sit in my listening chair, he just sits next to me and puts his head in my lap to be petted. He seems to enjoy our music time together.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Thanks for sharing and some giggles sounds like he’ll make a great man’s best friend

Congrats
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Lemme try a Tombstone original cowboy name:

6 toes Logan
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Cute dogs, both of you.
    I like the name Logan, almost as much as I like CounterTop :tongue:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Toby has a nice ring to it. :)

Is that his console in the picture behind him ? Looks like he's laid claim to it.
    Sal Palooza
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Logan sounds cool as does Toby. It seemed several of our most recent dogs names ended in "eeee" so we decided to not do that with the pair we have now(Nipper and Tucker(was already named when we got him )...yes, Nip & Tuck).
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Forgot to mention, his former name reminds me of my current favorite beer...Old Brown Dog.

Sounds like the start of a new friendship! Good luck with the animals attraction, we are currently dealing with Tucker killing groundhogs. I have no problem with it, the Mrs is not happy.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Instead of "Countertop", you can name him "Dishwasher" and have him lick your plates after meals.
  • mlistens03
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Instead of "Countertop", you can name him "Dishwasher" and have him lick your plates after meals.

I like this idea!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Some fine looking pups there guys!!!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Congrats on the new edition to the family!

We adopted my cat from a shelter in downtown Chicago. Very happy he's with us.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Go with "Countertop"

Safe bet there aren't many (if any at all) other pets sharing that name!

Beautiful dogs.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited July 2018
    1psyry7lbhj9.jpeg
    I hate when people name their dogs people names. That being said , my dogs are Lexi and Shelby. Go wild with the Countertop! Topi for short. Or Top for short? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    6 toes Logan, too funny.

Wife will be home soon with her choice thank goodness as I had about a million texts from the kids asking what name we picked.. :o
  • oldrocker
    muncybob wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, his former name reminds me of my current favorite beer...Old Brown Dog.

Sounds like the start of a new friendship! Good luck with the animals attraction, we are currently dealing with Tucker killing groundhogs. I have no problem with it, the Mrs is not happy.

My bunny rabbit problem in the garden....problem solved... B)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Nice dog, Dave. I would keep the name Logan. I miss my yellow lab. We never had a bunny rabbit issue in the back yard when we had that dog. Past few years the.backyard has become home to scores of rabbits. They do not fear the little rat dog I have now.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Congrats - I kinda like Brown dog.

Side note: We had a friend who had a cat named, you guessed it, The Cat. What the what? not like for a year either, for 15 years. Where's The Cat? Have you fed The Cat? Here Cat. strange.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• mlistens03
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Congrats - I kinda like Brown dog.

Side note: We had a friend who had a cat named, you guessed it, The Cat. What the what? not like for a year either, for 15 years. Where's The Cat? Have you fed The Cat? Here Cat. strange.

My friend used to have a dog named Turtle.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Congrats on the family addition. Shelter dogs are the best!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congrats, and please give that dog a sensible, respectable name.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mlistens03
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Congrats, and please give that dog a sensible, respectable name...

.. like CounterTop :tongue:
    Or (being serious now) Toby. I actually really like that name.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited July 2018
    Here is the family pet. Gucci.

k7o1sp6g6tap.jpg
    q0bry1mr4od9.jpg
    ewu75rvius2q.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • oldrocker
    My wife picked the name Toby :)
  • oldrocker
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Nice dog, Dave. I would keep the name Logan. I miss my yellow lab. We never had a bunny rabbit issue in the back yard when we had that dog. Past few years the.backyard has become home to scores of rabbits. They do not fear the little rat dog I have now.

Thanks Jeff.

Any time you need him to check your back yard, let me know.

He'll get rid if them rabbits.
  • muncybob
    Glad you didn't name him goofey toes!

When I first met my wife she had a dog and a cat...names were Dawg and Kat. Didn't care much for the cat(wasn't much of a cat person back then) but Dawg became my drinking buddy.
  • oldrocker
    Thanks all for the comments.

On a side note, took him to see my Mom who we just set up the whole hospice care thing.

He seemed to sense she is not well. He went right over to her, sat down and just put his head on her lap and did not move for about 15-20 minutes <3 .

Ok, now back to our regular scheduled programming.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Awesome dog! I already see him in your car traveling to all your estate sales looking for that perfect vintage audio piece and then riding home with his head out the window with your deal of the day in the bed of the truck :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I like really unexpected names; I had a pet snake named "Phyllis" and a Turtle named "Bob." If I ever get my chameleon, his name will be "Christopher." LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • oldrocker
    Awesome dog! I already see him in your car traveling to all your estate sales looking for that perfect vintage audio piece and then riding home with his head out the window with your deal of the day in the bed of the truck :smile:

Man I hope so. Maybe he will be good luck as I've been skunked HORRIBLY latey.

However, I recently went to a family reunion on my Wife's birth family side and met her biological 1/2 brother???? that I had met once years back.

We got to talking about audio and hit it off really well. Tubes and Klipsch guy along with a fair amount of vintage silver face stuff. He told me about a few models he has but I can't remember what are....

His wife was really cool, said thankfully someone he can hang with who's into all this music stuff that might be able to help free up some space in their house.

I'm going to be visiting him in a few weeks, see his collection, hopefully be getting some gear as he said he's really ready to downsize big time.

I'll leave that for a different thread. Fingers crossed!!

• oldrocker
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I like really unexpected names; I had a pet snake named "Phyllis" and a Turtle named "Bob." If I ever get my chameleon, his name will be "Christopher." LOL

Phyllis the snake.. Uh yea, not a fan of those wiggly things with no legs as my brother threw one on me when I was a kid :s 40+ years later, still remember that one.

Where we got this dog from, they have a huge iguana in a big glass enclosure.

When I go back to finish stuff up at the shelter, I'll try to snap a pic of the it.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Man I hope so. Maybe he will be good luck as I've been skunked HORRIBLY lately.

I keep telling ya, if you want a tube amp, bring a couple hundred to bobby's shop, chat about what your wanting wattage wise and using speaker wise.... and then just let him do his thing and built you something crazy.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)