BREAKING: I’m a Proud Papa

stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,295
9rnb4eum2vcs.jpeg

Have been in a long swing though Chicago to Richmond to Asheville and, finally, before returning home to Champaign today, detoured over to St. Charles, MO, where I picked up this stunningly beautiful piece of equipment. Will follow up with more details once I get it fired up, but it auditioned like nothing I’ve ever heard before. Final sale price was $1500 minus the Black Fuse. I’m a happy camper.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
- Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Yaqin MC-10t --> LSiM-705's
Cabling by Groneberg
Visuals
http://StretchPhotography.com
http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,671
    Not exactly a papa but congratulations nonetheless. :*
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,138
    edited July 2018
    Nice score. Why'd you decide to purchase it without the fuse, assuming that you heard it demoed with it in place?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    edited July 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice score. Why'd you decide to purchase it without the fuse, assuming that you heard it demoed with it in place?

The list price on the page said $1875, so I’m gonna assume that the fuse was aftermarket, and he had the previous owner switch the fuse out to save $$$.
    Nice find!
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,036
    Some day in the far, far future, I have to try an audiophile fuse. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,320
    BlueFox wrote: »

OOOH, OOOOH... LET'S get Joey! He tries EVERYTHING!!!! :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    I thought he ate everything, but then I remembered it was Mikey. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,295
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    The list price on the page said $1875, so I’m gonna assume that the fuse was aftermarket, and he had the previous owner switch the fuse out to save $$$.
    Nice find!

Exactly. Though...

The seller turned out to be a great guy. After we listened to the piece in his system (which blew me away, but that’s another thread when I’m not on my mobile) and we opened up the chassis, we got down to vis-a-vis payment, etc.

“So this must be your lucky day,” he says. “I had another Synergistic fuse, a Blue, laying around so since I have the Black I’ll throw in the Blue.”

I have no idea if I’ll be able to hear it (I’ve added a Modwright BDP-105 to the system recently so with the Joule going online also who’s going to know what change is coming from where...), but I thought the guy did me a solid by throwing it in.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Yaqin MC-10t --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,448
    Used love my old Jolida. When I actually became a papa I got rid of mine fearing kids would burn themselves. Too many babies around for me to worry about burns. SS FTW for me.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    Since it won’t work without a fuse, I agree he did good by including it. :)

Enjoy your gear.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,001
    Congrats!!! Nice preamp!!
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,683
    Congrats, fine piece of kit.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,435
    edited July 2018
    BlueFox wrote: »

I have "Audiofile fuses" installed in all of my equipment, (mostly Hi-Fi Tuning fuses) and in my experience they make a difference; Particularly in the clarity and detail parts of the audio.

Also congratulations on the Joule.
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,638
    Looks just like you! Congrats
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,212
    Clickbait. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,295
    headrott wrote: »
    I have "Audiofile fuses" installed in all of my equipment, (mostly Hi-Fi Tuning fuses) and in my experience they make a difference.

I’m skeptical and I’d never have paid for one outright, but I’m looking forward to an A/B test on my system.

I’ve not had a chance to hook anything up yet, as 12 days on the road leads directly to quality time with my daughter with no detour to the hifi. :)
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals