USB to SPDIF Converters?

msgmsg Posts: 4,991
I saw a couple of threads a while back about USB to SPDIF converters, and the Peachtree X1 and Musical Fidelity V-LINK seemed to be good overall options for quality/cost. I have a couple of old DACs that don't offer USB that I'd like to check out with computer audio.

I think iFi makes one as well, the iLink.

Anyone else using one of these converters other than the aforementioned, and getting good results?
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• machonemachone Posts: 1,128
    edited July 2018
    M2 Tech HiFace Two was recommended to me by Benjamin of Mojo Audio.
    I have no personal experience with this device but he knows digital.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...SDA-1A (Fully Modded with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,991
    Thanks, man. Yeah, that M2TECH HiFace stuff keeps popping up in my reading, mostly just casual at this point. Probably need to dive into the research a little deeper.

Seems an overlooked/obsolete segment these days as a lot of people have moved on to more advanced DACs that already have a USB option.

There are lots of cheap options out there, but I get the sense that going that route will probably destroy the benefits I think USB's offering.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,140
    Topping D10 is 20% off for Prime Day and it does USB in -> Coax/Optical out.

https://www.amazon.com/TOPPING-Dilvpoetry-es9018k2m-opa2134-Amplifier/dp/B07B46KQVP/
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."