OPPO UDP-205 Limited Suppy is Happening now!!

124»

Comments

• gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    edited July 2018
    Got my 205 yesterday. Order was placed about a week ago.
    AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Get out and put your name on the 203 list Al, I did both and got registered for both. My 205 will be here 7/5/18. I couldn't afford it either yet I put that sucker on the credit card and will do the same for the 203 then pass it along to someone.

I ‘shoulda’ mentioned that I did put my name on the list for the 203, but I didn’t do that until a couple weeks ago... my fear is that I registered for the 203 too late to get one. We’ll see what happens!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The eagle has landed...... B)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited July 2018
    WOW!!!! I hooked up the DAC in this beast, I’m totally impressed.. This machine was worth every penny IMO, it just does so much right...

I know some say someone else will pick up where OPPO left off, I’m not so sure about that, in their price range? Will it do or surpass what this unit has to offer?? Guess time will tell, but I honestly have my doubts... Is there better stand alone players? Well of course, but they get to be quite pricey, and having one player works better for me than many players, and for $1300 it’s hard to beat, sad to see them go..

Can’t believe it took me this long to play with the DAC side of this unit..

Yes, I have the SDA’s back up and running..
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    I have been playing discs only with mine for the last week and some sound better than others. Guess I need try the 205 as a DAC to see what happens there.
  • Toolfan66
    Through the years I have separated my best sounding discs from ones I can live without.. Some of my favorite bands growing up I leave for the car or garage because the recordings sound bad on my system...
  • pitdogg2
    I've been using mine in SACD 2ch. action. My main SACD player is a Pioneer PD09 itself no slouch, but I'm digging the 205. The Oppo i have not even hooked it up to a monitor or tweaked the factory settings.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    scubalab wrote: »
    Get out and put your name on the 203 list Al, I did both and got registered for both. My 205 will be here 7/5/18. I couldn't afford it either yet I put that sucker on the credit card and will do the same for the 203 then pass it along to someone.

I ‘shoulda’ mentioned that I did put my name on the list for the 203, but I didn’t do that until a couple weeks ago... my fear is that I registered for the 203 too late to get one. We’ll see what happens!
    I put my name on the list soon after the announcement and I got my email This past Sunday.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scubalab
    mantis wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »

I put my name on the list soon after the announcement and I got my email This past Sunday.

Dan @mantis - do you remember when that was? I know when I put my email on the list for the 205, the 203 was still available for purchase. So, sometime between April and a few weeks ago (when I put my name on the list), must be when they sold out and started the list. Just curious...
  • pitdogg2
    I put my name on the list for the 203 about 2 weeks ago. I have already received and sent back the confirmation email for the email address.
    If i get an email to buy I'll let you know if you like Al.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    ^^me too, about 2 weeks ago as well.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    It was late May right after I got my Sony Z9D.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scubalab
    Yep, I put my name on the email list for the 203 two weeks ago (6/27). I got the 'confirm email address' email almost instantly and confirmed my address. Guess I'll just wait and be patient. I did put my email on the list for the 205 in the end of April I'm thinking. The 'confirm email address' email for THAT one didn't come to me for a couple weeks IIRC. I just checked and I got that one on May 9th. I haven't gotten anything further on the 205, which is OK as it's the 203 I'm thinking is better for me.

I appreciate the offer Ivan. Sounds like you and I (& motorhead) put our names on the list right around the same time.
  • Toolfan66
    They haven’t even started the second run yet, and the third run will be the largest run, so my guess is you all will get one, I’m sure they ordered close to the demand on emails, and what’s left will go public on their website..
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I think they will build more as a result of closing shop than they ever would have if they kept on going. brilliant marketing move for going out on top.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    They haven’t even started the second run yet, and the third run will be the largest run, so my guess is you all will get one, I’m sure they ordered close to the demand on emails, and what’s left will go public on their website..

Good to know. I put my name in (for the 205 only) at about the same time as Scubalab, Ivan and Motorhead. Still no e-mail. But as Larry said, the second and (largest) third drawing have yet to happen. I am sure we will all get a chance at one. It really is one of the best 4K/Audio players out there currently. I use the same DAC in my tube output DAC that I built, and the D/A conversion is top notch. I do wish there were more audio/video sync options in the 205, but I'll get it to work out.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee