Black LSiM 705 pair with center for 1K @ Adorama

Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
edited July 2018 in Speakers
Awesome deal. Peace. https://www.adorama.com/pklsim705bi.html
Add coupon code Inspire18 to see new price in cart.
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    holy moly
    price has really dropped!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Makes me sad...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Wow. Might be why Polk is heading a different direction.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Haha, I had this up on my phone earlier and my wife walked by and looked over my shoulder at what I was looking at, and immediately said NOPE!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    She didn't even see the price I don't think, because I told her it's actually only 1k and she still said NOPE.

I would consider jumping on this if I had adequate room to really let the 705s sing, but I'm not going to cram them into too small of a space.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Looks like the deal is gone. Probably better off I didn't catch it in time.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Dabutcher
    Still on sale. You have to put in your cart and fill in name and address and put promo code inspire18 in box . Peace. Dglygknjald2x.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    That's weird when I tried it it was 999

The worst part is this is actually their current street value used or new...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Dabutcher
    Maybe they roll in some more shipping to me because you are closer? I am in the Twin Cities area. Peace. D
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    You guys aren't helping me resist the temptation :)
    I feel these would be wasted in my HT setup to replace the 703's.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited July 2018
    Mine showed $999.99 as well.. I don’t need them but is a hell of a deal..

It is kinda concerning how Polk has pretty much been giving away the LSiM series for about two years now..
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

It is kinda concerning how Polk has pretty much been giving away the LSiM series for about two years now..
    I think it devalues the brand. Notice this is the practice of only one dealer, however...
  • Dabutcher
    They are a Polk authorized go to dealer. Peace. D
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I think it devalues the brand. Notice this is the practice of only one dealer, however...

All the friends and family sales Polk had as well, and last I checked they have showed out of stock/on back order on the LSiM’s since the last FnF sale..

• DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    Wow - just placed an order. How did you find out about that coupon code?
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
    Oppo BDP-103
  • Dabutcher
    DealNews Peace. D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    At least they are selling, rather than sitting around collecting dust, not making Polk any money at all. You can't have it both ways. I don't get you guys at all.

You will scrounge around looking for the lowest prices, buy used, or take advantage of the F&F deals that Polk offers, then frown when Adorama sells brand new LSIM speaker pkg deals for an outstanding price. Speakers that YOU and no one else will buy at full purchase price. Ken even came straight out and said it.

I remember being in a store and a lady came up next to me admiring the LSi 9s stating they were beautiful, then looked at the price and proclaimed them expensive and kept stepping. That is the reality of most people and most of you as well.

These sales will put Polk's best speaker in peoples homes, and give them a good experience and if they decide they want new speakers, they will most likely look to Polk again for their speakers.

People will see these speakers in their friends homes, and want a pair of Polk speakers for themselves, and look at the beautiful Signature series which is much more affordable and buy those instead. Polk makes money and people get much less expensive brand new speakers that they can feel good about.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Dabutcher
    Could not have said it better myself. Peace. D
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    There are different perspectives.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    There are different perspectives.

Yes there are and lessening the value of a product is never a good idea.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    edited July 2018
    I don't have a problem with different perspectives so long as it doesn't make you a hypocrite in doing so.

You either want Polk to make money anyway they can or you don't. If that means that their TOTL speakers get sold at prices including some on here will buy at hugely discounted prices or within a great pkg deal so be it. At least Polk is making money and getting their brand out there.

But if you are not willing to call Polk up and pay their full price for them, and wait for a F&F sale or buy them used from someone on here, then you have no room to frown on the Adorama sales.

The Brand will only remain high so long as they are being sold, and being talked about and recommended to other people.

The truth is that if the vast majority of people have to choose between getting a brand at full price vs low price, they will go for the low price even if it means getting it at a sale or used, or buying a different brand altogether.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    There is nothing healthy for Polk selling the lsim at these prices.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    Who’s the bad guy here, Polk or Adorama?
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
    Oppo BDP-103
  • cfrizz
    Since Adorama is an approved seller of Polk speakers, I'm sure they are well aware of what Adorama is doing with their approval. Better to be sold in a package deal rather than collecting dust.

Value is in the eye of the buyer. Obviously most people are NOT seeing a good value/deal in the LSIM series speakers by themselves, including some people on here, otherwise we would have been reading about purchases right and left when they first came out.

Instead the only time we see an uptake on here in buys is a F&F sale.

Polk is doing just fine by probably selling their T, Signature, and RTIA series a lot more than they are selling the LSIMs.

The value of those speakers are far higher than the LSIMs for the majority of the buyers.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Sooner or later Polk will not be selling LSIM series. I am surprised they have not dropped them yet. Some time about a year ago it was floated the Polk is going to go to 3 lines of speakers

"T" series
    "Signature" series
    ??? series.

The ??? is to be at a level between the RTi and LSiM series.

Other reason to have these sold off is inventory. Less inventory on the book is better. When manufacturing Polk will pay a flat rate to have let's say 10,000 units built. Only 8,000 sell so the other 2k go on sale. Get them out of the warehouse before new product arrives.

I don't have the funds or need for these even though they are a great speaker at a great price point.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Dabutcher
    I would jump if they were cherry. Peace. D
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    cfrizz is not wrong, Polk has been selling this model for a long time. They have paid back all the R&D, probably any other expense related to invention, innovation, testing, trials, salaries & travel, they are selling at production cost plus transport plus minimal markup to expand the brand. What is the value of enjoying these speakers for 5 years after buying F&F at 50%? I want to be unhappy but it’s tough, I presume these are identical speakers to the ones I bought in 2013.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited July 2018
    As good as the LSiM line is, I don't think the line totally pushed the brand to where it deserves to be . Just look around the web and its quite clear. At a $3000 list price for the 705's, there are audiophiles with money in hand that will consider 3-10 other brands before considering..or further more.. finding a location to demo the LSiM line and ultimately paying the $3K for a set. There's a lot of competition in the LSiM category...the buyers are more picky than the average consumer. It would take a lot of marketing, R&D, new products to sway them!

I wouldn't mind jumping in on this deal myself. However, I've acquired another American brand speaker that went through similar path. Boston Acoustics, another group of scientist that dipped their feet in the higher end arena with their Lynnfield, VS, M-series lines. I don't think they set their mark in that arena as they no longer offer any higher end products.

Such a shame....

Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Are we forgetting that Polk is no longer a stand-alone company? This decision comes from the parent company Sound United. However they choose to distribute their Polk product line is entirely up to them. :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Haha, I had this up on my phone earlier and my wife walked by and looked over my shoulder at what I was looking at, and immediately said NOPE!

You need to explain it to her in women's terms. Explain how much you will be saving because they are on sale.