front height speakers - recommendation

French_guyFrench_guy Posts: 230
Hi
Looking for front height speakers that are not too bulky, but still provide good (at least decent) sound effect?
I was thinking about the OWM3...Is this a good choice? Any other recommendations?
Thanks
RTiA5 + CSiA4
No surround...yet
Pioneer VSX920

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,327
    Just as a thought, you could get one of those speakers that sits on top of your mains and reflects off the ceiling, I know Klipsch and SVS both make a set of those. If those would work, I’d look at the SVS option.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,753
    In ceiling are a great option if you can swing it. Otherwise, the older M3s or M5s that are wedge shaped are MUCH better speakers than the OWM3s and the shape would be ideal. Obviously you will have to look on eBay and be patient...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • French_guyFrench_guy Posts: 230
    You mean Polk M3s or M5s?
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    edited June 28
    Yes. Check eBay. Lots available. Make sure they have the brackets. I used them for my patio for years. Nice sound for the money with solid bass unlike the ones ur lookin at.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
    Exactly! That’s a good clean pair and sound SO much better than the newer thinner ones. I don’t know why they don’t go back to making them as atmos speakers...
    HT Rig:

Master Bedroom