front height speakers - recommendation

French_guyFrench_guy Posts: 277
Hi
Looking for front height speakers that are not too bulky, but still provide good (at least decent) sound effect?
I was thinking about the OWM3...Is this a good choice? Any other recommendations?
Thanks
RTiA5 + CSiA4
No surround...yet
Pioneer VSX920

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,495
    Just as a thought, you could get one of those speakers that sits on top of your mains and reflects off the ceiling, I know Klipsch and SVS both make a set of those. If those would work, I’d look at the SVS option.
    Micah
    If you're reading this, I've put up devices for a week; maybe more. I'll talk you guys later!
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,165
    In ceiling are a great option if you can swing it. Otherwise, the older M3s or M5s that are wedge shaped are MUCH better speakers than the OWM3s and the shape would be ideal. Obviously you will have to look on eBay and be patient...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • French_guyFrench_guy Posts: 277
    You mean Polk M3s or M5s?
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    edited June 2018
    Yes. Check eBay. Lots available. Make sure they have the brackets. I used them for my patio for years. Nice sound for the money with solid bass unlike the ones ur lookin at.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
    Exactly! That’s a good clean pair and sound SO much better than the newer thinner ones. I don’t know why they don’t go back to making them as atmos speakers...
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    edited February 23
    Hi Rooftop59

I think I found a nice pair of Polk Monitor "AW M3 Serie II" (apparently new in box) for something like $65 !
    Do you confirm they will sound nice for front height or surrounds?

Thanksbd6jh7auqsm6.jpg
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I think they will! But only one way to find out for sure!!
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,239
    If you have other polk speakers under the LSI and LSIM line they will work just fine. For $65 I think they will do really fine. I have installed them many times back in the day and for the retail price then they where nice so.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    I have RTI a5 and CSia4.....
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I have RTia5 and CSia4.............
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I have RTia5 and CSIa4...............and I know everybody is saying to go for the CSIa6 by the way !!!
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I have RTI a5 and CSia4.....
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I have RTia5 and CSia4.............
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    I have RTia5 and CSIa4...............and I know everybody is saying to go for the CSIa6 by the way !!!
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    Ooops...........something went wrong
    Don't know why it said "Will be posted when approved" !!!
    So I didn't pay attention I posted several times the same post
    Sorry about that !
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
  • verbverb Posts: 5,181
    I have these. Polk 265RT in walls. Simple installation, and they blend in without obstuction! :smile:
    3ys0hasi6c95.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer
    How do you install such speakers in a wall that has insulation?
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    French_guy wrote: »
    How do you install such speakers in a wall that has insulation?

If the insulation is soft, you can compress it. My wall were 6" thick, so there was plenty of room for them! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer
    Did you mount them as surround?
    Not sure about the best placement for my surrounds (I don't have any yet) since the couch were I sit is against the back wall......!!!!
    RTiA5 + CSiA4
    No surround...yet
    Pioneer VSX920
    Actually they are for a 2 channel rig in the Living Room! The Mrs did not want to have any speakers in there! I have a subwoofer in the corner too! :smile:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/181670/in-wall-speakers-worthy-of-music/p1
    9uy7pr1aka5v.png