Yes, I got a tattoo.

Some ink that speaks to my Japanese heritage.

tfh1vwmm30cg.jpgouyongit3n70.jpg

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Very Nice Work
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Is that your first tat? If so, wow!

I had some Kanji done about 10 years ago. This is my first serious tattoo. Three 2 hours sessions and a final of 4 hours.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Nice. Watch out, it's very addicting !!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Fantastic Tattoo!!! B)

I was thinking about getting the Polk Audio LOGO.

Their monitor 10's got me into this beautiful life saving obsession! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Wardsweb
    decal wrote: »
    Nice. Watch out, it's very addicting !!!!!

Yes it is. Already discussing the Japanese landscape (Mt Fuji, temple, cherry blossoms) for the other arm.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Very nice work - I have been on and off getting one for many years. One of these days I may just do it!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Looks good.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Nice! Not into ink myself, but appreciate good work when I see it.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Very nice! I just put down a deposit for two sessions with this artist https://www.instagram.com/benvolt/?hl=en

Going with a forearm wrap for my first tattoo. Not sure what I'll end up with, I'm going to mostly leave it up to him.
  • Wardsweb
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Very nice! I just put down a deposit for two sessions with this artist https://www.instagram.com/benvolt/?hl=en

Going with a forearm wrap for my first tattoo. Not sure what I'll end up with, I'm going to mostly leave it up to him.

Cool, he uses a very different style and technique from what I got. There are as many tattoos, as there are people who get them. It is up to the client to choose what fits them.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I had a hard time picking a style. I like the style you got, but I'm not even close to Japanese. I like tribal but I'm not Polynesian, maori, etc. I liked indonesian tattoos but again, not even close to indonesian and didn't feel like I'd do the spiritual aspect of the tattoo justice.

Ultimately I felt like his style suited me best and was something I could wear without feeling like someone who got a traditional tattoo because it was cool instead of understanding the meaning behind it. I wanted to find an artist who had a particular style and that's all they did. I felt like I'd get the best result from turning someone with some serious skills loose instead of telling someone what I wanted.

Really like what you got and it's going to look great when you continue it down (I assume you're eventually going full sleeve). I think I'll continue mine up eventually but don't want to go full sleeve all at once.
  • MrBuhl
    edited June 2018
    JUST.... ewwww. (That was for John's Russ comment by the way!)
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• MrBuhl
    This guy does some amazing stuff out here, but it's all single needle fine line, I'd be afraid it wouldn't last very well in that iteration over time....

https://www.instagram.com/_dr_woo_/?hl=en

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    msg wrote: »
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    Some ink that speaks to my Japanese heritage.
    cfzzx34wj6b5.jpg
    Note to self: Luther is Yakuza... No Karate Kid or karaoke jokes.

Nah, too many fingers left on his hands to be Yakuza.... unless he's a boss.... :#:o:*
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    That is a beautiful piece of artwork.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2018
    That is some nice work Luther...

And Russ, it’s not the fact that you did it, it’s that you did it in such a way that Dan can’t wear crop tops and daisy dukes when he takes the family to Indiana dunes in the summer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I have quite a few tattoos and that is beautiful work @Wardsweb ! Congrats!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @nooshinjohn

Actually they told you that they'd be happy to do your tat of Russ if not for the fact you live in Cali, and they didn't have enough left in their water allotment to sanitize the ink gun properly.

Then they mentioned that the two guns you were going to have crossed in the background looked a lot like "assault rifles" and it would make you subject to a weapons search of your home care of Feinstein, and you had a mild heart attack....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2018
    You can certainly say Luther doesn't go half way on anything. :) If his audio was any indication, the tat fits right in.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://youtu.be/V8ElMmdAWog

That's one sweet Tattoo you have Luther.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Looks like the kind of elaborate work you could get done at Subic in the PI when the Navy had a base there....
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    If you work out will the koi get bloated looking?
  • Wardsweb
    Willow wrote: »
    If you work out will the koi get bloated looking?

No, the skin won't stretch in that direction. Increased biceps would revel more of the wave bands, water and flower. Regardless, now much fear of that happening because I don't work out anymore.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I was only teasing. I quite like your new ink. When I was young about 17 I drew some sun design I thought looked cool on paper not so much on my shoulder. Plus it was done at some biker tattoo shop in Victoria BC. Now I'm thinking that I'll cover it up or have it removed.