Karma - Monoprice Fabulousness!

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,415
    FestYboy wrote: »
    That's some serious (and useless) SKILL.

Do you remember this game?? Battling Tops
    I like Dizzy Dan

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,798
    edited June 2018
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Proper safety procedures will be observed. Remember -- this is for science.

7j5ozzzvv1kx.jpg

the_difference.png

Seems especially apropos given the present context ;)

source: https://xkcd.com/242/
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,415
    edited June 2018
    tonyp063 wrote: »

7j5ozzzvv1kx.jpg
    [\quote]

Image reminds me of 8th grade science
    Sodium, potassium, Erlenmeyer flasks, water, corks...I'll leave it at that. Experiments that would not be allowed in school today
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,139
    edited June 2018
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,378
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Remove my amplifier from your house before your plug that amp in Mark. Thanks.

Your amplifier is in an undisclosed location (bunker) in or near Haverhill, MA.
    It is being seen to by top men. Top men.

3p42kb5h1jfh.png

I watched this yesterday! Great movie. One of my favorites.
    And no, it was not the first time I’ve seen it, just first since 2012 and I didn’t remember any of it. So basically a new-to-me movie!

That's my East Coast warehouse, Micah...
    They used it for that film.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,027

You gonna test it in outer space ? I believe fire needs air.

If I was you, I'd get a real long extension cord, like all the way to Jesse's house. Then have the Fire dept. on standby, the bomb squad, and snipers on the roof to take it out should the test go south quickly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,828
    lol, loving all the comments about how unstable this thing is.

Honestly it didn't sound bad at all to my ears. I just didn't much care for the disgusting noxious fumes it exuded during operation.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    tonyb wrote: »

If I was you, I'd get a real long extension cord, like all the way to Jesse's house. Then have the Fire dept. on standby, the bomb squad, and snipers on the roof to take it out should the test go south quickly.
    Correct me if I'm wrong -- but isn't all of that stuff always standing by at the perimeter of Jesse's bunker compound anyway?

:)
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,378
    It took me three checkpoints and a cavity search just to get into Jesse's driveway....
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,532
    It took me three checkpoints and a cavity search just to get into Jesse's driveway....

Yeah....but you LIKED the cavity search.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,431

Won't mention who they found....
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t

Won't mention who they found....

Not "who" they found, but "what" they found. Lets just say Peta will be paying him a visit. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Has the eagle landed yet?
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    edited June 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »

You mean the Pheonix?
    os3w7w40bbve.png
    Haha, touche!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,573
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    That's some serious (and useless) SKILL.

Do you remember this game?? Battling Tops
    I like Dizzy Dan

Oh this reminds me of beyblades. They were little tops that spun around and hit each others, scepter they had launchers, and they each had special “powers”... in other words the creators made some spin fast and others very balanced etc.
    Overall, they were a fun toy, but they got old really fast. Plus, they were based off of an anime TV show, which was dumb. Add to that I don’t like anime very much, so toys based off of a dumb anime show are probably not going to be my thing.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Haven't heard from Doc in awhile, not a good sign. Any you guys in the NE see smoke on the horizon ?

I heard someone in Guatemala tried plugging one in too, look what happened there.....and they blamed it on a Volcano, yeah right.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    I heard someone in Guatemala tried plugging one in too, look what happened there.....and they blamed it on a Volcano, yeah right.

freaking brilliant. :)

freaking brilliant. :)

Oh good, you are alive Doc, we were worried for a second there...
    Does it sound ok in between u plugging it out of fear? :lol:
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    No new incendiary materials here -- yet.

No new incendiary materials here -- yet.

Make sure you record the original test on video so we can see how it went down.
    And don’t forget your necessary equipment:
    Fire extinguisher
    4-5 buckets of water
    A full fire suit
    A fire truck on standby
    You probably will want a fire hydrant
    A bomb squad
    And last but most certainly not least... a backup house.
    When you open up the box start rapidly huffing the air inside, and let us know if you see stars and/or unicorns.
  • verbverb Posts: 6,606
    Clipdat wrote: »

Not yet. Work's been crazy! Plan to ship it out tomorrow!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • verbverb Posts: 6,606
    Haven't heard from Doc in awhile, not a good sign. Any you guys in the NE see smoke on the horizon ?

Any smoke emanating from the Professor's house I can say in not Monoprice related. Plan to ship the little fire starter out tomorrow! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    edited June 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Plan to ship it out tomorrow!

if2fakkdqlfa.jpg

did that fire really happen to that ship? :o :s :s :s :s :s :s

It looks like a real disaster to me!

I wonder what was lost due to that fire??? :o :#
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,532
    Tony M wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Plan to ship it out tomorrow!

if2fakkdqlfa.jpg

did that fire really happen to that ship? :o :s :s :s :s :s :s

It looks like a real disaster to me!

I wonder what was lost due to that fire??? :o :#

Batteries?