• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Got me again! Dang! :smile:

m8zbn39ed7nx.jpg
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    8eZVpGa.gif
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    steveinaz wrote: »
    License plate in, there we go...

xstcx58khg5u.jpg

Now you just need to remove the dealership decal and you’re good to go!
    How do you remove those safely...mine has been on my GLI almost 100k miles too long!
  • CGTIII
    pH4n47e.gif

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    License plate in, there we go...

xstcx58khg5u.jpg

Now you just need to remove the dealership decal and you’re good to go!
    How do you remove those safely...mine has been on my GLI almost 100k miles too long!

I always use a hair dryer to take them off, a little heat usually works.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ^^^^^That is freaky!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • oldrocker
    Yea, got my wife a new impala a while back, when I took it for it in for it's first service, tech asked if I had bought the car from them, yes I said. He said normally it will have the dealership lettering on it. I told him I removed it. He seemed confused why I didn't want that crap on it and asked if I wanted another one put on, I said no.

I always take them off..
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    CGTIII wrote: »
    pH4n47e.gif
    Eww, spiders are my kryptonite. Anyone remember this movie? Captain Kirk vs. an army of spiders... classic Shatner. Or should I say, CLASsic..........SHATner!?!

ck3uum6mtw6z.jpg

• oldrocker
    Remember it well..

My daughter the animal lover she is, absolutely hates spiders and refuses to
    to watch this movie...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    CGTIII wrote: »
    pH4n47e.gif

Tell me where that is so I never go near there the rest of my life!

They are my kryptonite too! :o

If I walked into them, I'd have a heart attack for sure! :s

After I slapped my head and face to death trying to kill the ones above my shoulders. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIII
    Tony M wrote: »

Tell me where that is so I never go near there the rest of my life!

They are my kryptonite too! :o

If I walked into them, I'd have a heart attack for sure! :s

After I slapped my head and face to death trying to kill the ones above my shoulders. :s

Brazil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnBqnL2HAc

• Tony M
    Brazil...Thank God! :)
  • Tony M
    That's so nice. B)
  • verb
    Yep. Always a joy to see new life this time of year. Amazing watching that little guy jumping around, nursing on it's momma, and then resting on the lawn!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    ^^^^^^
    I don't get it... :(
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    It's like one of those little fuel line clips that widens when the two 'prongs' are squeezed towards each other.

I never thought of those as particularly Satanic -- there are plenty of other
    components I'd put way ahead of them (FWIW).

• Tony M
    I'm 60 and have squeezed plenty of them while working on my cars, lawn mowers and weed eaters.

The clamp does look like the devils head and it has horn cut-outs around the clamp. Maybe that's it.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition.

uvkbrhorx1ik.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    no one does expect 'em...
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Bring out...... the Comfy Chair!!!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm 60 and have squeezed plenty of them while working on my cars, lawn mowers and weed eaters.

The clamp does look like the devils head and it has horn cut-outs around the clamp. Maybe that's it.

Best tool to use on that thing is a vise grip....
  • CGTIII
    PotableUnkemptBobolink.gif

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I have know fear of spiders or snakes. Used to have a bunch of stuff like that when I was a kid in my bedroom in terrariums....but 25yrs ago or so, I was a service contractor for ADT commercial in Houston. The purchased another local companies accounts that had a bunch of restaurants in not so nice neighborhoods.

Roaches in some of these places were so bad, they had ate the control boards in the security panels and motion detectors. Even if pest control came by there place that's where they'd hide. Opened several alarm panels that would have 300+ roaches in them covered in roachcr@p...now that would gross me out
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Saw some interesting lug nuts at a car meet today.

h35zhem1pspg.jpg
  • verb
    Momma Deer decided to take a rest in our neighbor’s front yard!
    yj8pv9xmglda.jpeg