Karma - Monoprice Fabulousness!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    edited June 2018
    Under no circumstances will you hook this up to the Tritons.
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'll give it a go if I win the karma. B)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Under no circumstances will you hook this up to the Tritons.
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'll give it a go if I win the karma. B)

I won't.

I didn't even consider it knowing their history. BUT, I have some expendable speakers stacked somewhere close by for sure. But the odds of me winning another karma from Dave is against me. But, 1 out of 4 amps MIGHT work. ;)
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Gits and shiggles, in with 42.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I don’t really have a use for a few ruined pairs of speakers, but what the heck, in with 75.
    Maybe it can drive the LSis! :tongue::wink::lol:
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Ahh screw it... in with 26! Thanks for the continued Karma ha!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I am feeling frisky -- in, if you please, with number 87 if still available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francium
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2018
    Attaboy, Doc!

If you win, you better put on your respirator when you unbox and use it, to avoid the cancerous fumes.

2017.jpg
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Of course professor! You're in! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Attaboy, Doc!

If you win, you better put on your respirator when you unbox and use it, to avoid the cancerous fumes.

I'm looking forward to his results after hot roddin the beast! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Aw, what scared you off?
    I'm out and putting 32 back up for grabs. I was likely going to allow the runner-up to get it anyway :)

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I kinda want Doc to get it just to hear what he has to say
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    In with 21.
    Send it to @mhardy6647 if I win
  • mhardy6647
    I kinda want Doc to get it just to hear what he has to say

Yeah, me, too!

Oh...

:p

In seriousness, I've benefitted hugely from the kindness & generosity of many folks on this forum. Gotten more than I've given, for sure.

But, I am awfully curious about this thing, after all of the internet discussion about it (under various & sundry brand names)!

• mhardy6647
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    In with 21.
    Send it to @mhardy6647 if I win

Awfully kind of you to offer -- but it's really not necessary.

It could also visit here, you know? :)
    I would like to hope it won't supplant SE 2A3 amplification here :|
  • mhardy6647
    Aw, what scared you off?
    I'm out and putting 32 back up for grabs. I was likely going to allow the runner-up to get it anyway :)

I don’t have any bookshelf speakers anymore, and my office is pretty set as far as space goes. Truth be told, my Anker SoundCore speaker is perfect for the space! I’d much rather a more-worthy person enjoy it!

An amplifier like this one is probably better suited to -- ahem -- rather larger loudspeakers, you know?

;)

w1pb0tvdteu1.png

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    Awfully kind of you to offer -- but it's really not necessary.

No worries sir. I couldn't do it justice.
    Besides I'm starting to explore EL-34's right now. :-)

• Clipdat
    Kinda like the bubonic plague, but instead with a Monoprice garbage amplifier?
    Maybe this could end up being passed around like the old Polk demos used to. Someone gets it for a month or so, ships it to the next person. Then one lucky person gets to keep it. Thoughts?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    lightman1 wrote: »

What do you have against Alaska and Hawaii? :p
  • verb
    Maybe this could end up being passed around like the old Polk demos used to. Someone gets it for a month or so, ships it to the next person. Then one lucky person gets to keep it. Thoughts?

Always a possibility, and good suggestion. Will be up to the winner! :smile:
  • verb
    So far:
    uu5gbdfozez3.png
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    verb wrote: »

Always a possibility, and good suggestion. Will be up to the winner! :smile:

That's called Russian Roulette in this case. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Aren’t you not supposed to ship dangerous objects? :wink:
  • verb
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Potential is there only if it's plugged in! :smile:
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Potential is there only if it's plugged in! :smile:

Ok good.
    Should I tell my mom that this thing is potentially as dangerous as a two year old with a torch? :tongue:
    Maybe I should just sneak a fire extinguisher into my room... LOL
  • verb
    I'd go with plan B. :smile:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861

Verb, plan B is for the ladys.... unless there's something you need to tell us? :p
  • verb
    FestYboy wrote: »

Verb, plan B is for the ladys.... unless there's something you need to tell us? :p

Had to look it up! Plan B, hahaha! :smile: