Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited May 2018
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^That there is FUNNY as can be!!! :D:D:D:D

That happened to me twice in the past 5 years at Walmart and Sam's Club too. my wife was with me both times.

I wanted to do it later on in some other circumstance and I got "the look" from her. :s

So we waited it out and sure enough, the line I wanted to switch too but didn't cleared out by 3 customers more by the time our check out clerk got to us. Murphy's Law!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    We had a visitor in the front yard today while doing some yard work. :smile:
    9vorgcpu4ex1.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    NICE. <3

She/he looks really healthy!
  • verb
    Today was a good day. Vacation day today, getting ready for a road trip to Chicago. Ran errands, a bit of yard work, and got the Harleys fired up! Reference pic from the old house.
    95rabzhgy5dv.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That right there is LUNCH. Corn fed no doubt.
  • verb
    edited May 2018
    And got the other one running. Replaced the battery. Filled it up at the gas station, spin around town, you know man stuff! :smile:
    zaii81846whe.jpg
  • verb
    FestYboy wrote: »
    That right there is LUNCH. Corn fed no doubt.

There's a bunch that run through here. Most I've counted was over a dozen. Only 1 buck, a 12 pointer in fact. Very docile, people near friendly. That guy didn't even flinch as the hedge trimmer was going.
  • verb
    And, repaired the landscape lights. Had a few dead wires, replaced lamps, re-aimed some cans. Dark out now, success! I love spring! :smile:
    7gbk56m2zxt5.jpg
  • Tony M
    NICE.
    I hope the 12 pointer gets to live a few more years and produce a bunch more peaceful offspring from his herd.

I wonder if they're eating corn put out by somebody?
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »
    NICE.
    I hope the 12 pointer gets to live a few more years and produce a bunch more peaceful offspring from his herd.

I wonder if they're eating corn put out by somebody?

No doubt. I've head that some neighbors do. I had a doe come withing 3 feet of my outstretched hand with an apple in it last year. When I finally tossed it to her, she just picked it up and ate it. Really cool experience.
  • Tony M
    Your Motorcycles look GREAT too! And your yard, just wow.
  • verb
    Your Motorcycles look GREAT too! And your yard, just wow.

Thanks Tony! Riding the motorcycles, even to just get some gas, makes everything right in life. I can have a bad day at work, afterwards get on the bike, and boom! Everything is good. Another reason why I love spring so much! :smile:
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I had a friend electrician who wanted to do that to my humble house and yard years ago. I didn't think my house was worthy. He and his friend/co-worker helped me wire some security lights ( I'm sorry, they did all the work! I was disabled with a broken heel.) and also my cottages main electrical subpanel and light system. He grew up in his Dads electrical Co. and was a master electrician. They were FAST!

We played a lot of Chess also. His nickname was "Chess King".
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,734
    My weeding rig....

xyx5my9i6f00.jpg
  • Tony M
    Great painting.
    I think that house design was in a major movie or two.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Great painting.

Wait, what? I’m really confused now.
  • Tony M
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Great painting.

Yep, I thought it was a Hitchcock movie;
    mfqtvarv01o7.png

I think James Bond pulled one down... or was it this movie above?

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Great painting.

mfqtvarv01o7.png

I believe you that it was in a movie, what I don’t believe is that that is a painting?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Great painting.

mfqtvarv01o7.png

I believe you that it was in a movie, what I don’t believe is that that is a painting?

Check the shadowing... Reality won't print like that and at such odd angles for potential light sources.
  • Tony M
    I use to take lessons on mechanical drawing. Mostly only home drawings. I know a sketch, mock up when I see one. But being a Hitchcock production in that period of his career, ONLY THE BEST mock-ups were painted and models of great construction were presented in the pre-production phase..I'm SURE.
    j02bm2cqm60c.png
    b9d07m6yicd7.png
    dvjul7eizvob.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    Joan Crawford's eyebrow pencil has just arrived.

i2boe8wvud1m.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,601
    My weeding rig....

xyx5my9i6f00.jpg

I'll bet my erstwhile Klipsch Cornwalls woulda killed weeds.
    I know they could make paint peel.

:|
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,734
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    My weeding rig....

xyx5my9i6f00.jpg

Horns?
  • Tony M
    75dl577w5zqy.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    My weeding rig....

xyx5my9i6f00.jpg

Horns?

Not just horns -- bad horns. Bad, bad, horns.

14079655091_caac48766a_z.jpgdampedcornyhornies by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• Tony M
    Does bad/BAD mean good in this case?
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2018
    Not in this case, no. ;)

The Cornwalls and their ilk are fun, but fatally flawed (IMO, of course).
    I lived with a pair for a decade.

If you peruse Klipsch forums, you'll notice that there are myriad folks who love their heritage Klipsches, after replacing drivers, horns, wiring and crossovers.

Sometimes they modify the enclosures, too.

Draw your own conclusions ;)

I will say that the big boys, the Klipschorns, are pretty good -- although (again, perhaps not surprisingly) the best sounding pair I ever heard had been extensively modified. Still, Col. Klipsch's folded bass horn design works pretty well.

• Tony M
    Thank you. ;)