The Fisher President MkIX Memory Chest...

Wish this thread was about the restoration of a complete console, but at least the cabinet is on its way to a new life. I am using as many of the old parts as possible, but sadly much of the internals needed to be pulled to make way for my record collection. The cleaning and removal of the internals are done, and it has been moved inside and out of the weather, as we expect rain over the next few days.

It is cleaning up even better than I had hoped...ia30v949mla4.jpg
lz7gu7dazgwf.jpg
4e28wv01qf4n.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Looks very nice. Sorry about how this experience/find started, but hopefully you can make something awesome out of this yet!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That looks awesome bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Looks like I might be able to save the drawers the gear was on by moving them to the bottom of the cabinet. Another idea is to beef up the structure a bit in the center and making a home for the TriangleArt to sit on top of it. This would allow me to move my tv down a foot and make it easier to watch.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Now you're talking! Put the TT on it!
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Oh, you're putting it on THAT wall. I had assumed the back wall where your LPs currently are. Can't wait to see it all finished / set up.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The polish job looks good.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    F1nut wrote: »
    The polish job looks good.

Thanks for the tips to get it cleaned up. It was so oxidized that the wood grain could no longer be seen. I used the 3M stuff you suggested and a buffer to first remove the gunk from the finish, then used the polishing compound to restore the luster. It truly looks like new now.

I ordered the renaissance wax you suggested, and I will use that after I am done building the inside.

• nooshinjohn
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Oh, you're putting it on THAT wall. I had assumed the back wall where your LPs currently are. Can't wait to see it all finished / set up.
    Eventually, the Ikea piece will be moved off to my son’s room for toy storage, and the curio that is stuffed into the far corner of the tv wall will take its place.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Hubba Hubba, that really cleaned up nice.

Reminds me of an artists blank canvas with a world of possibilities.
  • nooshinjohn
    Now that my wife is ready to give it back to me, I will be getting the inside finished up this weekend. Should be a pretty straightforward task to complete. I will post some more pics as I go...

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    wow, it is gorgeous.
  • Clipdat
    Agreed. They sure don't make em like they used to do they?
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    wow, it is gorgeous.

• nooshinjohn
    djo9cqzovyl0.jpg
    lofvsic18g52.jpg

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Looking good.

You should put one of these in there, you know? :)

14979459776_744ed07074_b.jpgDSC_9817 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

ahem -- the top one, that is B)
  • nooshinjohn
    I concur... how much for shipping to 91367? :D

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Outstanding!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Two thumbs up, John!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Nice restoration/re-purpose piece.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Good job John.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! Nice job John!!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Awesome...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    That’s looks really great John! Nice job.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Superb restoration!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Heck, you could be buried in that, it looks that good.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks for the support guys, and to Jesse for the wax suggestion. It is a special piece, and well worth the time and effort to save it. All total, I am into it for about 150 bucks, and there is nothing else I could have bought that is even remotely close to this at any price.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Solid piece that should keep the Titanic upright for a good long time. B)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Beautiful Job!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/