Lightning DS and ipad mini

This thing seems to be getting more persnickety and I wondering if this iPad is limiting it? It’s 32 gigs, maybe that’s not enough?

Anyway do these iPads have hard reboot or does powering it off do that?

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,345
    Hard reset by holding done home button and side button until it shuts down and you see the Apple reappear. At least that’s how it used to work. Google is ur friend here...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,415
    @rooftop59 Donkey Shame, Let's see if that helps.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,515
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hard reset by holding done home button and side button until it shuts down and you see the Apple reappear. At least that’s how it used to work. Google is ur friend here...

Yup. Hold both buttons for 10 seconds til you see the Apple. Pretty straight forward once you know how to do it.
    Micah
    If you're reading this, I've put up devices for a week; maybe more. I'll talk you guys later!
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    So far so good. This ipad is just a remote control. What else is it good for?
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,436
    Using Google.
    afterburnt wrote: »

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,345
    Posting in the polk forum? Surfing the web, checking email, controlling roon, my harmony remote, my receivers, checking ebay, taking pics and uploading them directly to the forum (like a just did), I read and annotate pdfs for work, I teach class from notes on my iPad, put a show in for my 3 year old so she’ll shut up and let me sleep another half hour on Saturday morning. What’s in NOT good for?!?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,386
    roof, what do you teach?
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Using Google.

Look man, I am just trying to be social ok? What's G00gle?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,515

I use mine for everything. Surfing the web, forum posting (typing on it right now), playing music (a iPod Touch or something able to provide lossless files is better for this, but it’s all I got), it’s much better for mobile gaming than a phone or iPod (Minecraft :tongue: ), and many other things. It can do anything your phone can do except for make phone calls, although there are versions that can use data. I even text friends on mine, which you can do with iMessage of your friends have Apple products.
    Micah
    If you're reading this, I've put up devices for a week; maybe more. I'll talk you guys later!
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    I have no friends especially with Apple products!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,436
    I'm your friend!

giphy1.gif
    I have no friends especially with Apple products!

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    b2nh3iu6uo6x.jpg
    Well that didn't go too far.