IFI Purifier 2

2»

Comments

  • machonemachone Posts: 1,279
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I should have a chance to try it out this weekend before or after I'm bending over for taxes.
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Well, I'm still on the fence. Somebody going to give me a push?

    Unplug USB from dac
    Plug USB into ifi
    Plug ifi into dac
    Sit back and listen
    Report???????
    >:)

    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

    Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

    "All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    @clipdat is on a vigil. He's watching the Monoprice amp with full attention in case it spontaneously combusts! Stay strong Drew! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,552
    ... or gettin' high huffing the fumes.

    Not that those two pastimes are mutually exclusive, mind you.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    Wasn't in the cards this weekend. Hopefully soon.

    lol @machone it's not that easy when your computer setup shares a room with your TV loving wife. Guess who gets priority on sound?
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,785
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wasn't in the cards this weekend. Hopefully soon.

    lol @machone it's not that easy when your computer setup shares a room with your TV loving wife. Guess who gets priority on sound?

    Get that women a TV in the bedroom! Best thing I ever did, the wife much prefers watching in there, and honesty most of the time I am wife her. But if I wanna watch a different show or listen to tunes while studying (my desk and computer are also in the family room) I can do that...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Musical Fidelity A308; Cambridge Azur 851N; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    My 2 channel rig is relegated to the bedroom!

    If it was up to me I wouldn't even have a TV in the house, and my 2 channel system would be where the TV currently is.

    Putting on an album and listening to it from start to finish should be it's own form of entertainment. Or even just putting some tunes on in the background and *gasp* having a face to face conversation.

    TV sucks.
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Get that women a TV in the bedroom! Best thing I ever did, the wife much prefers watching in there, and honesty most of the time I am wife her. But if I wanna watch a different show or listen to tunes while studying (my desk and computer are also in the family room) I can do that...

  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,618
    Get that women a TV in the kitchen!
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

    I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    PoX.gif
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Get that women a TV in the kitchen!

  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,618
    That's not a kitchen but that apron's hot!
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

    I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    Does the iPurifier2 require a break in process?
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,279
    I would think any electronic piece would benefit from burn-in time.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

    Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

    "All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    Noted. I observed that it does get warm during use, so yeah maybe it needs some time to settle in.

    I "installed" it last night, but I'm going to wait to make a judgement on it until I get some more time spent listening with it in the signal chain. Then, I'll try going back to how it was without it and see what I notice.
    machone wrote: »
    I would think any electronic piece would benefit from burn-in time.

  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,503
    edited April 2018
    oops, not enough coffee yet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    So I've had it installed for about a week and I've been using it. Decided to test it tonight.

    I just listened to 4 tracks with it, and then removed it and listened to the same 4 tracks. I'm not really detecting any discernible differences. If anything I prefer the sound without it installed. Shrug! YMMV.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,618
    Clipdat wrote: »
    So I've had it installed for about a week and I've been using it. Decided to test it tonight.

    I just listened to 4 tracks with it, and then removed it and listened to the same 4 tracks. I'm not really detecting any discernible differences. If anything I prefer the sound without it installed. Shrug! YMMV.

    Probly been asked but what is your setup? I am all about lowering noise floor but adding to the signal chain is at the same time counter intuitive.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

    I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,008
    Tonight it was FLACs -> Audioquest Forest 1.5m -> [ifi iPurifier2] -> Topping D10 -> Polk Blackstone TL3 satellite speakers on 60wpc and dual 6.5" driver ported subwoofer getting 160w.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Probly been asked but what is your setup? I am all about lowering noise floor but adding to the signal chain is at the same time counter intuitive.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!