Why does my Omni SB1+ barely respond to remote commands in surround mode?

I bought an Omni SB1+ from Amazon about a month ago and was really happy with it. Great sound, great subwoofer. No issues. I decided a week ago to add a single S2 to the system using Play-Fi as a rear surround speaker, and followed all instructions including updating firmware on both devices.

It was all pretty easy. The surround sound is good. However, after going through the process to set up surround mode my remote no longer functions properly. It takes a very long time to respond to commands, meaning I can only change the volume a single increment once every 30 to 40 seconds. I have to click the buttons repeatedly and pray the bar does something. It is like this with all buttons and is borderline unusable.

I called tech support and he had me hold down the power button for about 20 seconds to reset the soundbar. At first, the remote returned to normal use, but as soon as the soundbar received an audio signal it returned to its previous problems and once again barely responds to the remote. I have reset the bar using the same procedure several times and I get the same results.

I don't know what's wrong with it. The firmware is up to date. The Omni app shows everything as being set up fine. I even tried programming the bar to respond to my TV remote's buttons, hoping it would resolve the issue, but it didn't. It doesn't matter what remote is used, the problem seems to reside in the bar itself.

This was a pretty expensive investment. The bar alone wasn't cheap but I added an S2 as well. I should not be stuck with a sound system that is barely responsive. How do I fix this? Your tech support just tells me to reset the thing.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll forward this to Polk and post their response.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Kennon, from Polk's wireless support group is going to contact you via email.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    You're welcome...
  • I have the same problem with remote not working. I have an SB1, 2 S6's as rears, also purchased 2 S2's, 1 S2R, and A1 amp. How do I get help with my few issues with my omni system. I really want to enjoy it without all the quirks...
  • I'll ask someone from Polk to contact you, keep in mind it might be Tuesday for them to email you. Hang in there I'm sure they will help.
  • Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 1
    Has anyone gotten a fix for this problem. I have 2 remotes and neither one of them will work. What good is having one if the remote won't work. I tried programming my direct tv remote to control my sound bar volume but my model is not covered by the direct tv program. So now in order for me to control the volume I have to do it on the sound bar itself. The remote that came with the unit is very cheap compared to what I paid for the system. Kinda dissatisfied and disappointed with Polk after dealing with such a crappy remote
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    I'll ask a friend, at Polk, to contact you via email. It probably won't be until Monday, unfortunately.
  • Was a solution ever found for this. SB1 stopped responding to both my remotes as well. Customer service said to do the hard reset, which didn't work and seemed t make it worse actually. Previously it would respond at least slowly now not at all. I told customer service this and they said to program my tv remote to control volume. To me that is an unacceptable answer. The problem is with the SB1 so the fix shouldn't be to use my TV remote. I should be able to control all functions with the remote it came with. Anyways any suggestions would be great.