isoacoustics gaia II

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
edited April 2018 in Speakers
got a set of these coming along with their carpet spikes. anyone have any experience with them?
http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/gaia-ii/

here is an a/b demo of the gaia III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfp9jem7Hho
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I have these on my Focal Electra’s. And I think they are awesome! They tighten up the bass, and somehow soundstage explodes in width and depth. They are very interesting devices, as they almost work to isolate the speaker from the floor. After having these it has really made me question using spikes for speakers. The only pita is that they are a little hard to level on my speakers, and the bottoms have rubber that almost suction’s to my laminate floor. But once placed, it’s a set it and forget it type tweak. I think you’ll be impressed.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• marvda1
    since you have to have the name facing forward is it hard to level your speakers?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Not with these products, but I know a guy with the IsoAcoustic speaker stands that he's using with 703's and the 706c with great success.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128
    marvda1 wrote: »
    since you have to have the name facing forward is it hard to level your speakers?

Partially yes, you can also face them towards the rear. They supply knurled jam nuts that are very thin, so makes it hard to tighten them. I used a very skinny pair of needle nose to do this. A minor issue, the build is really nice, and they sound great.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I like these, plus they look awesome. I'm wondering if there is any difference, performance wise, to the spiked version, or solid floor version.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    I've got the spike add ons coming with mine. I could use tile or some other board beneath them and the carpet and save the $118 for spikes.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mikeyb128
    eqbz0rc3l9ww.jpeg

Some eye candy :smile:
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• marvda1
    got my gaia II's and carpet spikes in but have not installed them yet. here is a video showing how to install them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmK9vLIoVk8
    Puritan PSM156
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    got my gaia II's and carpet spikes in but have not installed them yet. here is a video showing how to install them.

Initial thoughts, Marv?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tonyb
    edited April 2018
    GlennDog wrote: »

Initial thoughts, Marv?

He's on temporary leave right now. He'll come back as soon as he finds his left nut that rolled under the couch somewhere.

Be interested to hear the mans opinion on these myself.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128
    tonyb wrote: »

Initial thoughts, Marv?

He's on temporary leave right now. He'll come back as soon as he finds his left nut that rolled under the couch somewhere.

Oh man! I bet it’s covered in dog hair and chip crumbs.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• tonyb
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Initial thoughts, Marv?

Oh man! I bet it’s covered in dog hair and chip crumbs.

Could be...may have to put it through the washer....gentle cycle of course, light spin dry, maybe add some fabric softener too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    edited April 2018
    been under the weather for a while (gout) have not tried to make the trip upstairs to install them.
    got so much new stuff to try, interconnects, power cables, speaker cables, isolation spikes, tubes, and music. you tend to order a lot of stuff online when you're laid up. :p
    Puritan PSM156
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited April 2018
    I told ya Marvin is trouble Tony :)

i pick up the Aperta (italian for open) and I'll bring to up to LSAF.
    http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/aperta-series/aperta/

cj70jg9cvpca.png
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited April 2018
    Nice Darryl. Those are very highly regarded for nearfield/desktop listening with bookshelf speakers.
    voltz wrote: »
    I told ya Marvin is trouble Tony :)

i pick up the Aperta (italian for open) and I'll bring to up to LSAF.
    http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/aperta-series/aperta/

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited April 2018
    Sorry to hear about your bout with gout Marvin! I'm sure it sucks donkeyballz!
    you tend to order a lot of stuff online when you're laid up. :p

phaedra.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Thats how I roll lol..... Drizly for liquor (ask @lightman1)... they deliver to your door and its cold! Door Dash for food!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    been under the weather for a while (gout) have not tried to make the trip upstairs to install them.
    got so much new stuff to try, interconnects, power cables, speaker cables, isolation spikes, tubes, and music. you tend to order a lot of stuff online when you're laid up. :p

Not to derail but I've had issues with gout as well. Have you tried Indomethacin? 1 pill usually takes care of it for me.
  • marvda1

Not to derail but I've had issues with gout as well. Have you tried Indomethacin? 1 pill usually takes care of it for me.
    popping them like candy 3 times a day.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

popping them like candy 3 times a day.

Bummer, yours must be worse than mine. Best of luck man.
  • marvda1
    1 wrist, 2 ankles, and 2 knees
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Indocin
    Colcrys
    Prednisone

Ftw
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Allopurinol is what works for my brother. I have the same symptoms but all my test show no gout or rheumatoid arthritis. Mine hits out of the blue,usually just one joint at a time. It bounces around from ankles to knees and hands. I haven’t had a flare in a couple of years now.Doctors can’t give me an answer of what it is and I won’t take anything for it until I know for sure. I usually get a dose of steroids and it knocks it out. If you are diagnosed with gout it is usually triggered by a food or alcohol.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2018
    Allopurinol works by preventing attacks by preventing formation of uric acid, it is not treatment for flares because once flared you already have crystals in your joints. The prevention of further uric acid and further crystals is noncontributory at that point.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Right, he said if he ever has flares taking it will make it worse in his case.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Joey_V
    Take care of yourselves brothers
  • marvda1
    edited April 2018
    haven't had a beer since feb. it started in my right wrist then later moved to my left ankle, then knee, then right ankle, and lastly my left ankle. I made it to the point I was getting better and was prescribed allopurinol 300mg.
    the doctor wanted to ease me into it by doing 100mg for a week then 200mg for a week and finally 300mg from then on. made to the second week and got hit in all five joints at one time !!! was given some steroids and pain went away the same day followed by swelling. now onw knee is stiff with some internal swelling which is making me limp around on one crutch.

needless to say he took me off the allopurinol and I am now using uloric with no ill effect.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    eqbz0rc3l9ww.jpeg

eqbz0rc3l9ww.jpeg

Has anyone tried these with The SRS.’s? I’m contemplating buying the Gaia1’s
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    They make good stuff. I've got a medium-sized pair of their ISO-L8R series that I use in a side system when necessary. Really good solution.
    http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/iso-l8r-series-speaker-isolation-stands/
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • marvda1
    Merrill audio uses gaia II's on their equipment.
    going to see if I have enough strength to finally install them, can't get my lazy son to come over and do it. :D

http://merrillaudio.net/element-118-power-amplifier-monoblocks/#1523011845948-04ae8e92-a067
    Puritan PSM156
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Hey Marv,
    What’s the verdict on the Gaia? I’m seriously considering getting the IIs for my 80 pounders and maybe a set for the sub ... Thoughts?

Thanks man!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12