"OTG" cable upgrade

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    So is it USB A to A? Yea, sorry if that's the case then I don't believe there are any upgrade options unless you can make your own...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ok, I looked at the pic you provided again (phone won't let me blow it up). Let's try this again.
    I believe what you're looking for is a WTFIT cable.

The adapter you have posted is a female A to B adapter. But from everything I've read so far, it sounds like you need a usb extension cable.
    lz6takmin1z6.jpg
    3wc2099kp886.jpg
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The plug on the ifi supplied cable looks like the big end of this, ignore the micro usb end.np9wx8r6c1ju.jpg
  • afterburnt
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ok, I looked at the pic you provided again (phone won't let me blow it up). Let's try this again.
    I believe what you're looking for is a WTFIT cable.

The adapter you have posted is a female A to B adapter. But from everything I've read so far, it sounds like you need a usb extension cable.
    lz6takmin1z6.jpg
    3wc2099kp886.jpg

Looks like that extension would work. Fat chance they make an upgraded ectension though.
  • FestYboy
    edited March 2018
    You could always make your own... I make custom length charge cables for my phone.
    The extension pictured above came from The Dollar Tree...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I'm not aware of any audiophile/audio specific grade USB extension cables.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    Audioquest Dragon Tail might work if your devices are in close enough proximity:

dt-top-view.jpg

audioquest-dragontail-carbon-usb-kabel-varbild-14719.jpg
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have an audioquest dragonfly and looked at the dragontail cable, but I can't tell if its actually supposed to be a match for any other their upgraded USB cables. Based on price, I am guessing that it is not, so I just went with a generic alternative.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    It's labeled with the "Carbon" designation, and seems to have some of the same audiophile features as their other cables:

Solid 5% Silver Conductors

Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable. This is an incredibly cost effective way of manufacturing very high-quality HDMI cables.

Multi-Layer Carbon-Based Noise- and Crosstalk-Dissipation System

This cable's negative conductors are covered with partially conductive Carbon-Loaded Polyethylene. This remarkable material reduces radio-frequency garbage being fed back into the amplifier. The sonic benefit is exactly the same reduction in "hash" and improved dimensionality that comes whenever RF interference is reduced in an audio circuit. In addition, a carbon layer damps interaction between positive and negative conductors, and an external Carbon-Based NDS System reduces external interference.

Hard-Cell Foam Insulation

Hard-Cell Foam (HCF) Insulation ensures critical signal-pair geometry. Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy. Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Hard-Cell Foam Insulation is similar to the Foamed-PE used in our more affordable Bridges & Falls cables, and is nitrogen-injected to create air pockets. Because nitrogen (like air) does not absorb energy and therefore does not release any energy from or into the conductor, distortion is reduced. In addition, the stiffness of the material allows the cable's conductors to maintain a stable relationship along the cable's full length, producing a stable impedance character and further minimizing distortion.

rooftop59 wrote: »
    I have an audioquest dragonfly and looked at the dragontail cable, but I can't tell if its actually supposed to be a match for any other their upgraded USB cables. Based on price, I am guessing that it is not, so I just went with a generic alternative.

• afterburnt
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Audioquest Dragon Tail might work if your devices are in close enough proximity:

dt-top-view.jpg

audioquest-dragontail-carbon-usb-kabel-varbild-14719.jpg

Looks like that could work but it is probably too short.
  • FestYboy
    You may also have to shave the outer sheath of the female end too.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    Couldn't you have worded that to sound less sexual?

• Clipdat
    You must've missed the conversation that Jesse and I had about this here: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/181249/my-awful-experience-with-polk-customer-service
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    OK...I have to ask because it has been bothering me...why do you reply to quotes ABOVE the quote instead of under the quote? It is just creepy really.

• FestYboy

No. :)
  • afterburnt

OK...I have to ask because it has been bothering me...why do you reply to quotes ABOVE the quote instead of under the quote? It is just creepy really.

At this point what difference does it make?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Good point Bruce. I'll put him on ignore and make it better for everyone. Thanks for the support.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • afterburnt
    :#:#:#
    Good point Bruce. I'll put him on ignore and make it better for everyone. Thanks for the support.

• afterburnt
    Does anyone know what's on the other end of this thing? lrfkhf7rzd50.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's on the other end of this thing? lrfkhf7rzd50.jpg

https://youtu.be/ou6JNQwPWE0
  • afterburnt
    NINTENDO SEIZURE NINTENDO SEIZURE AARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! :#
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

It takes extra steps to do that as the natural format puts the quote first above anything else, which should be a BIG clue to anyone how it's done. Therefore, the only conclusion one can draw is it's done the other way to be annoying.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    edited March 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    A female.

A female what A B C ????

Anyway have you tried one?
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    It depends on the style. Mine is B to B.

462lh22o91ho.jpg
    6pml4cpgl5xb.jpg15v9o3wl7o09.jpg

Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • afterburnt
    @michone where do you use it and what do you think of it?

• afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    A female.

A female what? I hope I could use it with a nice cable from the micro idsd
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Hey Bruce!

I forgot about that weird connection on the DAC/headphone amp. for the life of me I will never understand why. I have to do some digging but I have some other stuff thet may benefit you.

lost in March Madness right now.

Congrats to Loyola Chicago even though they Kick K-State rear!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    Thanks Darryl and thanks for that boss ifi USB cable!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    voltz wrote: »
    Hey Bruce!
    lost in March Madness right now.

Congrats to Loyola Chicago even though they Kick K-State rear!

I watched the 1st 3/4 of the game. ChiLo is playing out of their mind...They must have busted a shite load of brackets

Sorry to derail Bruce

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a