Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Politics and money have wrecked pro football
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited February 2018
    Ill take football over politics and politicians any day though!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2018
    Players' Personal Protests during the National Anthem wasn't good for the NFL either.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72
    Tony M wrote: »
    Players' Personal Protests during the National Anthem wasn't good for the NFL either.
    Thats one view...other people have different views. I just want a good game.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Another reason not to watch... supposedly the NFL has decided to have a hologram of Prince appear during the halftime show.... except Prince thought the technology was demonic and would never have used it. Prince fans are livid about him being used this way and the NFL have said they scrapped those plans, but they used it during rehearsals on Friday night anyway.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Not watching. Full evening of all-SDA tunes, good food and drink, watching sunset with my 3 favorite ladies.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050

If players can't stand for the National Anthem, I can't stand to watch them play. Not watching any games including today's until the behavior stops.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859

hydqg83id9dp.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I never knew anything about Thrust In Timber LICK other than that I didn't like him. And now I know why. HAHAHAHAHA
  • kevhed72
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I just hope poor officiating will not affect the outcome of the game.
    You were saying??? They just need to ditch the replays at this point
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    What a game.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I just hope poor officiating will not affect the outcome of the game.

I sure as heck saw so many PENALTIES NOT being called, it was pathetic!

Early in the game, when the Patriot's receiver got hit Helmet to Helmet from an Eagles defensive player and no 15-yard penalty charged, I knew the Patriots had another rough road ahead of them. The Holding by the Eagles front line was Rampant!

I saw a GREAT quarterback in Foles without a doubt!!! tonight. He was a lot better than Brady in accuracy. Just like Brady USED to be. Brady messed up a few times tonight. And those missed field goals and extra point...what's up with them tonight?

My wife got her 20 back. :(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    EAGLES Superbowl Champs !!!!! Finally!!
  • best commercial IMO

https://youtu.be/OmMa4kLj-ZQ
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Philly! Philly! No need to say another word.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • dromunds
    I might add cheesesteak. Is that a word or two words? I could use a real one. Can’t get them around here.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    dromunds wrote: »
    I might add cheesesteak. Is that a word or two words? I could use a real one. Can’t get them around here.

One word...now I'm hungry! Might to head out tonight to grab one...wit. That's Philly speak.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Browns signed Tyrod Taylor. Looks like they will take Barkley with first pick. Not good for Bengal fans.
  • dromunds
    Cousins gets $84 million guaranteed? Never a good idea to give too much guaranteed money. Lots of moves today.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Proposed is $86m 3yr contract
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    They should of tried to keep him for life for that kind of money. Six year contract for 85 million. Peace. Go Bears
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    I don't care who or what they give their money to, they still couldn't win a Super Bowl if they were playing a JV high school team, an unlimited salary cap and were spotted 30 points. The Vikings would find a way to loose no matter what it takes to do so.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    I don't care who or what they give their money to, they still couldn't win a Super Bowl if they were playing a JV high school team, an unlimited salary cap and were spotted 30 points. The Vikings would find a way to loose no matter what it takes to do so.

There are plenty of fans of other teams that would / could say the same thing.
    Count me and my Chargers among that group.
  • nooshinjohn
    Heard a rumble that Cousins may change his mind...

• Heard a rumble that Cousins may change his mind...

Seriously? Where did you hear that?
  • nooshinjohn
    Heard a rumble that Cousins may change his mind...

Seriously? Where did you hear that?
    From a local MN news source, after it was learned that Keenum/Teddy and Bradford all agreed to terms elsewhere... could have been fake news.

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    RG3 pfff can’t stay healthy even as a backup
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I hope my Bears do not trade Jordon Howard! My favorite player. Dabutcher loves Dabears.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”