PS AUDIO

Options
tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,906
Saw a quip browsing PS Audio today from the man himself, about "silver bullets" as it pertains to audio. Couldn't agree more...

The silver bullet
Join Our Community Subscribe to Paul's Posts
March 4, 2018 by Paul McGowan

The Lone Ranger had them. They are required for the killing of a werewolf. Audiophiles search for them.

A silver bullet is a metaphor for a simple, magical, solution to a difficult problem. Like penicillin.

As hard as we search, and as much as we’d like to find a magical fix for our system’s shortcomings, silver bullets are rare.

In my 45 years of high-end audio, I have never found a silver bullet in equipment. No cable, conditioner, cartridge, speaker, room, or secret formula ever impressed me as a magical panacea.

The closest yet is a good set of ears; a willingness to learn; a penchant for experimentation; a thirst for reaching higher ground.

Maybe the silver bullet is called passion.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I have belonged to his newspaper and post for many years. It is just one more book in the library to have so to speak. He plays on a much higher field than i ever will but its good to have perspective so to speak

Heck most here play on a much higher playing field than I so nothing new there.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    I agree....I found myself recently in one of those pointless Emotiva debates on a FB post...which then turned into a cable debate of sorts. My next response will be 'just be open minded'....
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    I subscribe to PS Audios Copper magazine. It has some good stuff.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Paul and the way he does business. He's very accessible and down to earth. I also like that, from a product design approach, he's gotten some great people to come onboard and given them autonomy to create.