PSW505 not powering up

Options
Recently discovered my sub was not producing any sound so looked at the back and sure enough no power indicator. Tried a different outlet but still nothing. I looked at the fuse and the wire seems intact...at least the part that is visable through the glass. I popped it back in and turned the sub on and briefly got a red then green, which slowly faded to nothing.
Anyone have any thoughts? TIA

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    From that description it appears you have an intermittent connection at the IEC connection on the back side of the amp plate.
  • koohead
    Options
    Thank you for the thoughts. Anyone have a diagram to show which specific connection I should examine? Or am I better off taking this to a professional? I've built computers, but amplifiers and powered subs are definitely not my forte.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    If I get a chance this week, I'll pull the plate amp on one of mine, point out the guts to pay attention to.
  • koohead
    koohead Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Quick Update...called into Polk Tech Support and spoke to Gary. Provided the description I gave above and he indicated it is likely a bad power supply. As the sub is only about 19 months old he quickly processed an order for a replacement board and referred me to some youtube videos on how to disconnect the wiring harness inside. Great customer service experience...thank you FestYboy for your reply and offers to help. I'll provide an update once I receive the new board and let you all know if it resolves the issue.
  • koohead
    Options
    Another Update: Sadly the part I need is out of stock...and ETA is end of March. So looks as if it'll be another 3-4 weeks without a sub. Support (Gary) did offer to try to help me out somehow if I would shop my non-working sub to them, but shipping a 50lb package is pretty cost prohibitive so I'll wait it out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Usually just the bass amplifier is sent, not the complete subwoofer. It's fairly easy to remove.
  • koohead
    Options
    Agree Kenneth...was just mentioning that Support was trying to go the extra mile for me if I were willing to ship the complete sub back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah, I see. Send an email to Ken.Carter@soundunited and explain the circumstances and mention that you've joined Club Polk and he'll work with you.
  • koohead
    Options
    Thanks appreciate that...will reach out to him Wednesday