Polk SDA-2B upgrade

I have a pair of SDA-2Bs I bought in 1989 and need to order some replacement tweeters. I can't find a place to order these. Please assist.
Gary Haskins

Best Answers

• gary_haskinsgary_haskins Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks F1, much appreciated. That's very retro!!!

Answers

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,682
    verb wrote: »
    List was $71 but after I mentioned that I was a CP member, and with a little negotiation, got em down to $48 each plus free shipping!

Yeah, but they probably just felt sorry for you because your car is so old.

b9vhr07ahodk.jpg
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,116
    edited February 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Be careful if you buy them from anyone other than Polk. I bought a pair of RD198's from one of those places advertising them as RD198's but they sent SL2500's. They were trying to tell me RD198's and SL2500's are the exact same tweeters with different part numbers. After several rounds talking to them they agreed to give a refund. Called Polk direct and got the correct speakers a couple days later.

Out of curiosity, how did you know they were SL2500's?

I'd like to know that myself. I wouldn't know how to differentiate between the two.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,960
    @Gary... love the Hornet in your avi. did you fly 'em or fix 'em?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,137
    Still waiting......

Surprisingly impatient for someone who had to wait around for primordial ooze to form just so they could have something to argue with... :p
  • Tweets they sent were exactly the same as what was already in the speakers. Box and driver had no RDO identifying on them. Then talking to a guy at Polk that looked up that place's purchase history and found they had only purchased a few RDO194 and 198's in the past 12 months. The place stands firm there is zero difference between 198's and 2500's so it didn't matter which one they send out.

• F1nut wrote: »
    Yeah ok, your story didn't make sense the first time and now I know it's fantasy.

HAAA! HAAA! Sounds like someone ate a big bowl of obnoxious this morning...
    Home System: see
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    800 Va Dreadnought
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    That thumb looks familiar. :p
    Yours?

Nope. It looks like a pre-"Shining" Jack Nicholson thumb. I'd say circa "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (1975). Definitely later than "Easy Rider", though.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,960
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That thumb looks familiar. :p

You need to stop chewing on your fingers...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

That wasn't my hand.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,484
    Viking64 wrote: »

That wasn't my hand.

Whoever owns that thumb. Please don't have anyone pull it! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Thanks for your responses. Nooshinjohn, I am an Air Force brat only. Dad, brother and son served in AF. I do work with Sidewinder missiles as part of my job.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 613
    I do work with Sidewinder missiles as part of my job.

Not the "In flight missile repair" MOS I hope???
    Home System: see
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    800 Va Dreadnought
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t