Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,547
    not to change the subject or anything :| but I saw this in today's Science magazine, and found it amusing enough to be worthy of sharing. YMMV, of course :p

tcfio12pykje.png
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,552
    Hard at work...

x68ag2mrc1v0.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    How to make a living without an education...

bkvef8yfnhbg.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,123
    edited February 2018
    Some days are better than others, huh? B)

I was a boom truck driver for years. I always wanted to advance to being a crane operator. I should've applied at our Port here in Wilmington NC. I think we have 4 of those like you're in. B)

How do you get up into the cab? A ladder?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    ia4vvue1t4r6.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Vinyl flooring -- excellent.
  • ...... vinyl ......... flooring ........

..............vi........nyl................floor....................ing .......

giphy.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    Tony M wrote: »
    How do you get up into the cab? A ladder?

Yup, ladders. Lots of ladders
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited February 2018
    Removed duplicate post
    Post edited by verb on
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Must be a trend TonyM started!
    33t0xzxngbxe.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Sure.
    I could go to all the donation stores around here and get those .50 Laurence Welk and Readers Digest Music for Lovers LP's and cover both of my floors out in the cave.

Total cost 200.00. :p
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    The resin would be the real cost.
  • Tony M
    I forgot about the resin costs. :#

About 700 sq. feet needed. :o
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    I guess my picture failed to meet the 'picture' part of the thread??????? Did we lose the ability to laugh here?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tony M
    wb5kdo93rca8.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,977
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I guess my picture failed to meet the 'picture' part of the thread??????? Did we lose the ability to laugh here?

I thought it was funny
  • verb
    Sweet! Love Giant! Got an NRS that I modded the crap out of. Now I gotta search for a pic. :)
  • verb
    Fournales fork, 700C spinergy, Magura brakes, XTR group. Basically a FS road bike. Love it!
    kvm5pcqf22sg.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    edited February 2018
    brettw22 wrote: »

Sweet Petunia Jane!! To what do we owe this honor?

And to answer your question....
    Not us....but others deemed it not necessary to have fun. ;)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,977
    verb wrote: »
    Fournales fork, 700C spinergy, Magura brakes, XTR group. Basically a FS road bike. Love it!
    kvm5pcqf22sg.jpg

Just like audio, I started off with the basic model and upgraded the cr@p out of it. The talon comes in 1,2,3 and 4 mine was a 3 now it's pretty much tied if not better than a 1. Stans is on its way as is my dropper. After that I'm done till next winter. I'll get new brakes and perhaps some new rims. The guys at the lbs would say not worth upgrading the bike. But at the time I didn't have the 1500 to spend. So the frame is the same. I've replaced the fork, pedals, grips, bar ends, cassette, rear dérailleur, rear shifter, chain, and soon tubeless and dropper.
  • verb
    Exactly what I do. I buy the frameset, and get the components I want. Hard part is being patient to wait for the deal.
    Unless the frame material is different (aluminum, scandium, carbon, etc.) the price difference is mainly in the components.
  • mhardy6647
    9scbc2tdll1y.png

Not mine. NOT MINE!

:p

Posted at AK under the thread title "Want some visual stimulation from the seventies?"
    I really expected to see the famous Farrah Fawcett poster...

giphy.gif
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Swap the TT for a pro-ject and I'd rock it.
  • mhardy6647
    ... a Pro-Ject with a ceramic cartridge ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    d3axyuirit1q.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    ingesting dirt is really very important in proper immune system development.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Indeed it is Doc, especially at younger ages. Could be why these past few generations are allergic to everything under the sun.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    tonyb wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Indeed it is Doc, especially at younger ages. Could be why these past few generations are allergic to everything under the sun.

It's a fairly common hypothesis in the biz, in fact.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    My kids ate dirt, rocks, mud etc.....

Hardly and ear infection or allegy twixt 'em now. The back yard stick fights built character, too. That was some funny shite to see. :D