Looking for Monitor Ideas

2»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    The pics on those Loreleis make them seem bigger than they actually are, fairly small for a floorstander. Vocals are hauntingly good on these.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I found a pair of Silverline Audio Preludes....they are a smaller tower but local and the price is right. Anyone ever get their ears on these or the Prelude Plus?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I found a pair of Silverline Audio Preludes....they are a smaller tower but local and the price is right. Anyone ever get their ears on these or the Prelude Plus?

I haven't on those particular models but I own a pair of Silverline Sonatina MKIs and so far, they are the longest lasting speaker I have purchased. I have yet to find anything that has a better overall quality to them.
    They are very efficient and while the low end numbers are a bit inflated, I have never felt they were lacking anything.

One great thing about Silverline that most people don't know is Alan (Alan Yun, the proprietor) orders in large quantities of crossover components and then measures everything and matches the capacitors, resistors and inductors into pairs of 1% or less measured tolerances.
    That kind of attention to detail isn't as commonplace these days as it should be.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kevhed72
    edited February 2018
    That explains the pic of him on the Silverline website with all those tweeters and drivers stacked up around him. Funny thing is...there is also a Silverline dealer in the Atlanta I was talking to yesterday about the Minuet Grand monitors.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Never heard them myself, but they have a good rep. so I wouldn't be afraid to snatch up a pair.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I just heard a pair of Silverline SR12 bookies this past week. The low end wasn't great obviously with such a small driver, but man the highs sounded wonderful really.... i was impressed to be honest
  • kevhed72
    Alright....I was leaning toward a pair of Silverline Minuet Grand but my frugality got the better of me. I snagged a pair of Totem Rainmakers off Audiogon for a good price. More to come on the sound vs. the 703s shortly....thanks for all the ideas
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Nice pickup. Love the name "Rainmaker"

798813-totem-rainmaker-speakers-pair-with-stands.jpg

kevhed72 wrote: »
    Alright....I was leaning toward a pair of Silverline Minuet Grand but my frugality got the better of me. I snagged a pair of Totem Rainmakers off Audiogon for a good price. More to come on the sound vs. the 703s shortly....thanks for all the ideas

• kevhed72
    Mine wont be that pristine, but the price was right. It may be time to invest in nicer stands though...those are sweet.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Yup....have heard them before. Spooky good imaging. Rock on, Kevin!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the Totems. I know I push Silverline pretty hard but Totem is damned impressive for what they are.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kevhed72
    Quick post....the Totems showed up today with a pretty shotty packing job. LUCKILY UPS did not destroy them considering the lack of packing material. I only got to listen to a few tracks on a cold rig which was shut off for a week....but initial sound is very promising. It seemed as if the music was slicing through the air and easily filling the room while keeping the different instruments tight and coherent. 7ntiitbbjal6.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Ugh, omg, that packaging job is atrocious.
  • I had a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers a while back. The little brother to the Rainmakers. These were great little speakers,that sounded way bigger,and imaged unbelievably well. Let them breath a bit,and I think they are going to make you very happy. Enjoy!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • kevhed72
    edited February 2018
    I running through one of my ref. albums - Tame Impala's Innerspeaker - now and these speakers are killing it. This is one of those 'sound bands' with a ton of layers of sound and reverb. Vocals are clear as day.