Sonance

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,902
Any you guys have any experience with their amps ? Sound quality ? I'm thinking of separating my 2 channel from the HT side, and looking to power 3 different sets of speakers. I'm looking at this....

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/sonance-6-channel-power/6481372152.html

to cover outside patio/deck/and inside 2 channel.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Made of solid metal... I see ventilation slots all over the place, so clearly it is not solid metal.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Tony, I asked the same question a couple months ago and was told they are commercial home audio amps, akin to NAD in their performance. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet to give you a personal impression.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    At only $100 it's a gamble worth taking, imo.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Tony, I have had almost the exact same amp (a 260x3, 60 wpc channel for 3 pairs of speakers) as my zone two amp for 7+ years, using the auto on, never had a problem. Powering a pair of rt25is on the patio, sounds great for outdoor tunes when you are grilling, etc. Also runs a pair of in-ceiling polks in the living room.

I wouldn't use it as my main amp, but for zone two, garage, even surrounds, I think it works great.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Tony, I have had almost the exact same amp (a 260x3, 60 wpc channel for 3 pairs of speakers) as my zone two amp for 7+ years, using the auto on, never had a problem. Powering a pair of rt25is on the patio, sounds great for outdoor tunes when you are grilling, etc. Also runs a pair of in-ceiling polks in the living room.

I wouldn't use it as my main amp, but for zone two, garage, even surrounds, I think it works great.

Good to know, but whats the downside, sound wise, as why you wouldn't power your main 2 channel with it ?

I'm trying to separate my HT from the 2 channel, but where I need to set it up it also has to run 2 pairs of outdoor speakers. For the 100 bucks, it almost seems like a no brainer, especially if you compare it to a Nad.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    The biggest I see pop up on fleabay are the 2120s (2×120w), so for mains, they may not be big enough, but they are stable at 4 ohm... For a budget rig, they're cheaper and easier to find than NAD, and I suspect that they could be upgraded if one was so inclined.