Sonance

tonybtonyb Posts: 31,434
Any you guys have any experience with their amps ? Sound quality ? I'm thinking of separating my 2 channel from the HT side, and looking to power 3 different sets of speakers. I'm looking at this....

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/sonance-6-channel-power/6481372152.html

to cover outside patio/deck/and inside 2 channel.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1430
Tad 803 speakers

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,316
    Made of solid metal... I see ventilation slots all over the place, so clearly it is not solid metal.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,699
    Tony, I asked the same question a couple months ago and was told they are commercial home audio amps, akin to NAD in their performance. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet to give you a personal impression.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,134
    At only $100 it's a gamble worth taking, imo.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,858
    Tony, I have had almost the exact same amp (a 260x3, 60 wpc channel for 3 pairs of speakers) as my zone two amp for 7+ years, using the auto on, never had a problem. Powering a pair of rt25is on the patio, sounds great for outdoor tunes when you are grilling, etc. Also runs a pair of in-ceiling polks in the living room.

I wouldn't use it as my main amp, but for zone two, garage, even surrounds, I think it works great.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,434
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Tony, I have had almost the exact same amp (a 260x3, 60 wpc channel for 3 pairs of speakers) as my zone two amp for 7+ years, using the auto on, never had a problem. Powering a pair of rt25is on the patio, sounds great for outdoor tunes when you are grilling, etc. Also runs a pair of in-ceiling polks in the living room.

I wouldn't use it as my main amp, but for zone two, garage, even surrounds, I think it works great.

Good to know, but whats the downside, sound wise, as why you wouldn't power your main 2 channel with it ?

I'm trying to separate my HT from the 2 channel, but where I need to set it up it also has to run 2 pairs of outdoor speakers. For the 100 bucks, it almost seems like a no brainer, especially if you compare it to a Nad.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,699
    The biggest I see pop up on fleabay are the 2120s (2×120w), so for mains, they may not be big enough, but they are stable at 4 ohm... For a budget rig, they're cheaper and easier to find than NAD, and I suspect that they could be upgraded if one was so inclined.