Polk Woodbourne for a friend

My buddy asked me to help him build a system, and this particular item was what we decided on for him. There are lots of reasons and stuff I wont go into, but this was the best fit for what he needs, and what his wife liked the looks off.

Anyway, he bought one off Amazon for a really high price, but he was OK with it because it had a warranty and he was covered. Long story, seller vanished, he got his money back, but he is still very interested in one of these.

I thought I would see if someone out there has one they wouldn't mind selling. I'd prefer in very good to mint condition (which is what most of you keep yours in anyway). If you have one let me know and we can work out the details.

I'm going to tag @KennethSwauger and @KenCustomerService just on the odd chance Polk has one lying around in a warehouse somewhere :smile:

Thanks in advance guys!
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    1k on Amazon from crap sellers? I paid $212.00 less than a year ago. Not ready to sell though. Use it too much. Looks like the one on ebay is local pick up. Ill look around here locally.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I think he snagged one on ebay today. Paid em an arm and a leg, but he really wanted it, and I can't blame him.... that said, I'm still enamored with them myself lol.....

But I'm broke for a long long time, so I will just sit pat.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • @EndersShadow if I had one laying around I would absolutely ship it out. Sorry!
  • EndersShadow
    @EndersShadow if I had one laying around I would absolutely ship it out. Sorry!

No problem. I'm not surprised you dont. I heard one last year and it shocked me how good it sounded, and how nice it looked.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    @EndersShadow if I had one laying around I would absolutely ship it out. Sorry!

No problem. I'm not surprised you dont. I heard one last year and it shocked me how good it sounded, and how nice it looked.

Can confirm.....been looking for one as well.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I put a bid on that ebay one. Wish me luck.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    erniejade wrote: »

Send Russ a PM w your top dollar as he was gonna put one in too.

Whoever has thenhigher dollar amount they’d pay wins and thenother drops off lol.

That way your not bidding each other up lol.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited January 2018
    Wait... Russ is bidding on it?? I'm gonna bid just to be a d!ck... YUUUUUUUUUUP! :p
  • erniejade
    erniejade wrote: »

Send Russ a PM w your top dollar as he was gonna put one in too.

Whoever has thenhigher dollar amount they’d pay wins and thenother drops off lol.

That way your not bidding each other up lol.

Good idea. Thx!

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    That thing didn't go too cheap I guess
  • erniejade
    I didnt want to pay more then 200 total. The dude had a 52$ shipping charge so i set my max to 151 and got outbidded.
  • EndersShadow
    ^Dislike
  • erniejade
    They blew them out at 250$a couple of years ago. I know when they were new, the price was a lot higher but, i cant see paying close to new selling price ( under 2 years ago) on something that is a few years old. So,i set myself a limit. Not saying it's not worth more then that but, i cant bring myself to paying that much.

In the 200-400$range for blutooth type speakers, right now the market has a ton that sound fantastic.
  • EndersShadow
    edited January 2018
    Oh I was referring to the fact you got outbid. I totally get why you set the limit where you did.

As a side note my buddy’s unit arrived yesterday. He used it last night and was pretty happy with it.

He promised me pictures shortly which I will post here.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    I have two of these and they're staying put! Bought one when they first came out at full price, then another a few years later on the Polk eBay site at $200. Sorry I didn't grab a third one.

I take it since Polk stopped making them that they didn't sell well enough. Thats too bad! The Woodbournes are quite phenomenal sounding. A friend has one of those B&W Zeppelins and thought it was amazing...then I unleashed the Woodbourne upon his ears. He essentially said, Oh well, my Zeppelin still sounds good.

Woodbourne for the WIN!
    No excuses!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I hear the JBL L8 and 16 are pretty nice
  • EndersShadow
    I agree @Strong Bad .

I’d like to have 2 or 3 of them lol. I need at least one for my bedroom, and then another tonhave around for outdoor use and such