Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    jeouon6b2yyd.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That looks yummy, one of the Founders that I haven't had
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Next March/April, look for the Founders KBS. That's what the CBS is based off of.
    For the hype surrounding the release of this, it should have been delivered by a cute female mountie with a kung fu grip. Maybe then I would have enjoyed it more.
  • mrbiron
    lc7nv99elbya.jpg
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited December 2017
    I stopped by the Salem, OR Liquor Outlet tonight to get a growler fill. Since it was my birthday a couple days ago I decided to splurge a little. In addition to my growler fill I picked up a bottle of Dragon's Milk, an 11% ABV bourbon barrel-aged stout from New Holland Brewery out of Michigan. I've had this several times and it is excellent but at $8.99 a pop per 22oz bottle not an everyday purchase. The guy that waited on me recommended another stout and pulled out this little 12 oz bottle of something called Bomb! from Krebbs Brewing in Oklahoma of all places. 13% ABV!!! He says "all you need is a half a bottle'....I'm like, ha ha....yeah right....you don't know me. I can polish off a bottle of wine and not break a sweat. 'How much?', I stupidly asked? $8.99 per 12oz bottle.....ouch!!! But OK....I'll give it a shot. If it's infused with Chili Peppers it can't be all bad :^ /

I've already poured the whole bottle so I'll report back later :^ /
    haldr5abslqv.jpg

k9v8eap5abwy.jpg

2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    Well....it's about 8 minutes later. Obviously, beer tends to go down faster than the same amount of wine. I've got maybe 3 oz left out of the 12 oz bottle and I have a very warm feeling all over and a very nice buzz. I may not be cracking open the growler or the Dragon's Milk anytime soon :^ / So if I bought a 6-pack of this it would come to exactly $53.94....hmmm.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mrbiron
    realbeer costs realmoney ;)
    Happy belated b-day.
  • dragon1952
    Thanks! Used to be, back in the old days, we were notified when it was a members B'day :^ /
  • dragon1952
    So this Bomb! is really, really tasty but for the same price I can go down to Roth's Market and get a 32oz growler fill of Boneyard Notorious Triple IPA at 11.5% ABV, which is equally as tasty so let me see....$8.99 for 12 oz or for 32 oz....hmmm :^ /
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    @dragon1952, You were really close to me! I have been to to the Liquor Outlet. They have a good selection, but not as good as Capital Market (in Salem). Have you stopped by the Capital Market?

Thanks for the reviews on the beers.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dragon1952
    No, I haven't heard of that market. I've only been here about 2 months....we just moved over from the coast. I'll have to check that out ;^ )
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Definitely check out Capital Market. They are located on the corner of 14th and State Street.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    Came back from a family vacation to Colonial Williamsburg, Va recently. Hit a good brewpub in Richmond on the way down called The Answer. They have a line of triple hopped IPAs ranging from sessions to doubles that were great, good Vietnamese food also. Drank a couple from a Virginia brewery called Three Notch'd that were really good, a lemongrass rye and a big stout called Biggie S'mores. May have had another but didn't write anything down. I'd keep that place on your radar. Also visited a couple "gastropubs" that combined stellar beer lists and interesting, well executed food: Craft 31 and Dog Street Pub.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • mrbiron
    Last night...

7may4xvlx6pk.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Aaaaaand right now...
    Start my day off with a 9% and -25degree wind chills.
    9nhldjlawa4v.jpg
  • mrbiron
    abensr4nycxu.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2018
    wwj3wm2u4q3l.jpg

Rogue - Dead Guy Ale
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    bc1cmcy2rvb8.jpg

Chocolate Bunny
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    4w8qch8m55yd.jpg
  • mrbiron
    p7n8l9qln53j.jpg
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im pretty sure this is national, but I love Lagunitas. 9.7% but not boozy. Kinda sweet and heavy, so cant drink too many in one setting. Probably a good thing.qxms1niun8lk.jpg
  • mrbiron
    NICE BEER!
    Response #1,000.....keep it up fellas!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    What do i win!?...lol
  • mrbiron
    deronb1 wrote: »
    What do i win!?...lol
    k1rt7t7eb5a8.jpeg
  • mrbiron
    eco8084hczub.jpg