New (to me) amp: McCormack DNA-125

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    lightman1 wrote: »
    My opinion means nothing in this thread!
    $236!
    Drew cuts my grass!
    I'll cut your grass for $236!

2ntn2l5gk2zd.jpg

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Viking64 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    My opinion means nothing in this thread!
    $236!
    Drew cuts my grass!
    I'll cut your grass for $236!

2ntn2l5gk2zd.jpg

As long as you bring the pug....deal!
    One caveat....I'm homeless.....head down to NC and find Mad Mike.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It had been since last week Wednesday that I requested the refund, and I still hadn't seen it as of today.

So I emailed them and asked how many business takes it typically takes to process a refund. Got a response stating "It was processed on our end but sometimes it can take a while to show up in your account"

1.5 hours later, I get an email from Paypal stating I've received a refund. Coincidence? They can take your money instantly, but you gotta nag them after 5 business days have passed to get it back.

Whatever, it's over. I'm out $55 for the return shipping, I'll never do business with TMR Audio again, and let us never speak of this thread again.

You're contradicting yourself. Look at the last paragraph from this post halfway down page 8. Then look at what you just posted, that you never said that.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I think you are having a slight reading comprehension issue. Let me break it down for you.

I said: "I'll never do business with TMR Audio again."

I never said: "I will never again do business with this company, and neither should YOU!".
    kharp1 wrote: »
    You're contradicting yourself. Look at the last paragraph from this post halfway down page 8. Then look at what you just posted, that you never said that.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I want to have Arts babies.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    there's no "tests to reveal anything" in this context

Putting this in a nice way....there actually was.

I suggested you turn off your breakers one by one except for the circuit the amp was on and you didn't want to do this.

I have a couple amps that are silent, I have one that had an occasional light hum. I shut down all my circuits and it turned out when I shut down my microwave circuit, the hum disappeared. Likely an issue with the microwave oven itself, but either way, it's not the amp. You can't turn off appliances and chase a hum like that, you need to de-energize the circuit.

That's not saying it's still not the amp...but it gets you closer to being 100% certain.
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2018
    I know I didn't do the test that you suggested, but I figured physically taking it to a modern new-ish construction professional office building (after hours, when most of the fluorescent lights were off, including in the offices I tried it in) was an adequate way to determine it wasn't the source of the incoming power that was the culprit.

That being said, maybe if I had one of these it wouldn't have hummed: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PSPWPP3

That would feel weird to plug in an $800 amp to a $2,500 PS Audio power plant :)
    gmcman wrote: »
    I suggested you turn off your breakers one by one except for the circuit the amp was on and you didn't want to do this.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    TMR has 2707 transactions on Audiogon with a 100% positive rating. That's pretty darn impressive. Poo happens, time to move on guys.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited January 2018
    o9u9sy28tayx.png
    Loki the Bugg says relax guys...
    Maybe he’s sensitive to transformer hum.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Clipdat
    If this forum actually had editing controls like others do, I'd just delete the entire thread at this point.
    F1nut wrote: »
    TMR has 2707 transactions on Audiogon with a 100% positive rating. That's pretty darn impressive. Poo happens, time to move on guys.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I'm glad you do not have that option......I've found this thread quite entertaining and informative.
  • Clipdat
    What parts did you find entertaining, and what parts informative?
    I'm glad you do not have that option......I've found this thread quite entertaining and informative.

• Viking64
    I'll tell you what parts I find confusing: The posts where the answer precedes the question. PFFFFFTTTTTT! :p
  • Clipdat
    26AHvF2p5pridaSf6.gif
    I'll tell you what parts I find confusing: The posts where the answer precedes the question. PFFFFFTTTTTT! :p

• mikeyb128
    edited January 2018
    Now whenever I am near my spice rack, I swear I can hear the McCormick spice bottles hum a little. :*

Where do you come up with this stuff? It’s hilarious. Love the pug stuff. My dogs a Boston terrier/pug (bugg) and holy crap does this dog have the most colorful personality. He loves chillen with his dad (me) listening to music. Not once has he complained about my Bryston transformer noise!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Viking64
    edited January 2018
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Where do you come up with this stuff? It’s hilarious. Love the pug stuff. My dogs a Boston terrier/pug (bugg) and holy crap does this dog have the most colorful personality. He loves chillen with his dad (me) listening to music. Not once has he complained about my Bryston transformer noise!
    Thanks, Mikey. I like to make people laugh. :)

Bostons have so much personality. I knew some pug people that also had Bostons, but I have yet to meet a Bugg. :p
  • Clipdat
    I've been called "hyper sensitive" several times in this thread, I believe that must extend to my hearing as well.

I must have better hearing than most.
    Not once has he complained about my Bryston transformer noise!

• mikeyb128
    edited January 2018
    I've been called "hyper sensitive" several times in this thread, I believe that must extend to my hearing as well.

I must have better hearing than most.
    Not once has he complained about my Bryston transformer noise!

I’ll let you borrow it if you can lift it. Hehehe

Never mind you’re hearings still good. You might not be old.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Viking64
    edited January 2018

I’ll let you borrow it if you can lift it.

px3eeeo67c8x.jpg

• Clipdat
    63lbs? Aint no thang.

4cde99791a8abc29480944b624c65da6--animals-in-clothes-fitness-motivation.jpg

I'm about to turn 34 years old, but mentally I'm a cranky old senile grandpa.

• mikeyb128
    63lbs? Aint no thang.

4cde99791a8abc29480944b624c65da6--animals-in-clothes-fitness-motivation.jpg

I'm about to turn 34 years old, but mentally I'm a cranky old senile grandpa.

Oh no my phone mixed up your and you’re...
    How embarrassing.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Would somebody please buy the amp from TMS and tell us if it hums at your place so bad you would want to return it too. :p

Now that would be suspenseful and informative. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    If I wanted something that hums too loud, I wouldn't have gotten divorced.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    If I wanted something that hums too loud, I wouldn't have gotten divorced.

I was going there earlier but refrained. Married for 27 years now. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Tony M wrote: »
    We were only married 3 years, but we both made it 42 years before getting married, so that's something. :p
  • kharp1
    Would somebody please buy the amp from TMS and tell us if it hums at your place so bad you would want to return it too. :p

Now that would be suspenseful and informative. ;)

I've seriously considered it...
  • kharp1
    We were only married 3 years, but we both made it 42 years before getting married, so that's something. :p

Man, you almost made it out alive!