Jeepers, now KLH is comin' back?!

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
edited January 2018 in Speakers
I guess maybe it's time to put down a deposit on that brand new 2019 Studebaker. Coming soon!

;)

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/klh-returns-full-line

I am guessing that the KLH Nines in this image are just for looks -- they're not really bringing back the KLH Nine... are they?

:o

p9ex8kmxdzb9.png

disclosure: I saw it here first: http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/another-old-speaker-made-new-again.3257/

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2018
    Bring this back, KLH 20 plus.

da1uuqc7m6ns.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited January 2018
    My music teacher in middle school had KLH towers in his office. If I came in early before school started he'd let me bring in CDs and play a few tracks off them.

One of my first exposures to what I perceived at the time as being high end great sounding speakers.
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2018
    I just noticed the Cambridge & Boston street names on that background image in the KLH photo :)
    Made me feel a little homesick for MA. A little.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Warm spring days on the mall near BU or the commons near Emerson....when they crawl out of the woodwork to sun bathe. I miss those days
  • mhardy6647
    heh -- my time in Cambridge was spent on Sidney Street - back when it wasn't exactly the best part of town. "University Park at MIT" was a few BIG vacant lots on the way up to Central Square. There was an impound lot next to the company where I worked.

This was the early 1990s.

It's changed a bit in the interim. :|
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My music teacher in middle school....he'd let me bring in CDs....
    CDs in middle school??? What sort of time-travel shenanigans is this? :o
  • mhardy6647
    KLH Nine reboot -- bet they'll be expensive.
  • Clipdat
    I'm 33.. shrug.
    Viking64 wrote: »

• Clipdat
    How do they smell?
    Pfft, I've got shoes older than you...

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    How do they smell?

He'd ship them to you, but the cost for HazMat shipping if to expensive
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    How do they smell?

Wanna sniff?
  • Clipdat
    For a thousand dollars I would.
    Wanna sniff?

• TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited January 2018
    For a thousand dollars I would.
    Wanna sniff?

I'm pretty sure he'd let you sniff then for a thousand dollars. I have a 30+yo Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt you can have for a grand too. Heck I'll even stink it up for no extra charge.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Clipdat
    Is it weird that I listened to DSOTM the other day from start to finish, and I literally had zero emotional reaction/response to it at all?
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he'd let you sniff then for a thousand dollars. I have a 30+yo Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt you can have for a grand too. Heck I'll even stink it up for no extra charge.

• TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Is it weird that I listened to DSOTM the other day from start to finish, and I literally had zero emotional reaction/response to it at all?

Got SDA???
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Clipdat
    Nope!
    Got SDA???

• mhardy6647

... and here I thought that marijuana was legal where you live...

;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm 33.. shrug.
    Viking64 wrote: »

lmao....mainly because I can relate. Sometimes I go through my closet and wonder wtf, why do I still have this ? Usually there is some sort of memory or attachment to the item that keeps me from parting with it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I bought a pair of KLH 9's from David Bromberg's road manager, loved them. Sold them later on to finance a trip to Ireland. Ah, the good old days.
  • mhardy6647
    I bought a pair of KLH 9's from David Bromberg's road manager, loved them. Sold them later on to finance a trip to Ireland. Ah, the good old days.

That's pretty cool... did you like them?
    I've actually never heard a pair (although I own a pair of ESL-57s).

Dunno about his road manager ;) but David Bromberg, as you probably know, is alive and well, making and selling violins in Delaware (!) and still touring. We saw him a few months back at the Chandler Theatre in Randolph, VT -- and he is still tons of fun live. I will also mention that the Chandler is a great little venue. New England is chockablock with great little theatres and opera houses at which to see live music under very civilized conditions :)

• I've been a Bromberg fan for years (in fact last weekend I bought one of his records at a local "music swap" for a singleton) and would love to hear him live.
    Yes, the "9's" were my first venture into electrostatics and they were pretty amazing. I've always heard that New England and Texas are the two best places to hear good live music. And eat good food.
  • mhardy6647
    I do hear good things about live music in TX -- from friends here in New England that we go to lots of concerts with here :)
  • Viking64
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We saw him a few months back at the Chandler Theatre in Randolph, VT
    I learned to swim in the swimming pool of a campground in Randolph, Vermont circa in 1970.

I have never seen David Bromberg live, but circa 1981 I used to hear "Will Not Be Your Fool" from the live album "How Late'll Ya Play 'Til" on the little Saint Michael's College radio station (WWPV) that was about 200 yards from the Vermont Public Radio building you visited last fall.

It's a small world, but I would hate to paint it.
  • mhardy6647
    I know the St. Michael's College campus reasonably well, actually.

I recommend Bromberg live (while he still is, you know?

:|

• Viking64
    I know the St. Michael's College campus reasonably well, actually.

I recommend Bromberg live (while he still is, you know?

:|
    After hearing his "Traveling Man" and Frank Zappa's "Muffin Man" concurrently, I vowed to never miss Reader's Digest's "It Pays to Enrich Your Word Power" for many years. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7zvobyTyI
  • Clipdat
    Yeah, it is. Maybe that's the problem, I wasn't stoned when I listened to it.
    ... and here I thought that marijuana was legal where you live...

;)