Help with system.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    What happened to get Nandikol banned?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Maybe the mods misinterpreted his India marketplace website as spam/advertising posting?
    F1nut wrote: »

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited January 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    He was also banned yesterday morning and his account was reinstated.

• F1nut
    Strange

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Nandikol Posts: 109
    Sure, let me have a check and confirm you !
  • Nandikol
    Paid $1100.00 why buying 7s and now the selling price is $300.00 ☹️☹️
  • Nandikol
    edited January 2018
    Yes, even I see every second day my account is banned ... did nothing guys
  • F1nut
    Nandikol wrote: »
    Paid $1100.00 why buying 7s and now the selling price is $300.00 ☹️☹️

That sucks.

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Yes f1 nut, selling out is not an good option here. Again wen they come to check those speaker they will try to reduce even more. One thing, I totally understand Yamaha is a pro amp, which has no business in a home audio system as you told, however out of curiosity Iam asking if I use it for sometime will it harm my amplifier 3070 or speakers as Iam in no mode to give load on 3070 for sometime as you told wpc will go down as I connect more speakers to it. What I thought it will not sound better then Marantz which I understand but if there is any other reason not to buy that .. thanks
  • F1nut
    Using a pro amp will not hurt your AVR.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    If your willing to spend around 650 on a pro amp, which isn't your best option as F1NUT suggests, look for a used Parasound HCA 1200 or 1500. They can usually be found in the 4-500 buck area. Plus it will sound better with those speakers than any pro amp.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nandikol
    Ohh great .... so Can I use yahama PX3 for few days as Iam getting good deal for $500.00 And down the lane after a year if I get a good deal then will sell out 7s and PX3 and get Marantz amp for sure ... will it make lots of difference in sound with respect to PX3 vs Marantz..
  • Clipdat
    In my opinion yes it will. The Yamaha has it's own DSP chip inside to basically EQ the sound and apply room correction. It's designed to throw live music into large spaces filled with people.

Even if the DSP can be bypassed/disabled you're still dealing with a pro audio unit that has a lot more circuitry in it designed for things like running at max power for several hours, versus circuitry designed for bringing out the best of highly detailed home audio style speakers.
    Ohh great .... so Can I use yahama PX3 for few days as Iam getting good deal for $500.00 And down the lane after a year if I get a good deal then will sell out 7s and PX3 and get Marantz amp for sure ... will it make lots of difference in sound with respect to PX3 vs Marantz..

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Clipdat wrote: »
    In my opinion yes it will. The Yamaha has it's own DSP chip inside to basically EQ the sound and apply room correction. It's designed to throw live music into large spaces filled with people.

Even if the DSP can be bypassed/disabled you're still dealing with a pro audio unit that has a lot more circuitry in it designed for things like running at max power for several hours, versus circuitry designed for bringing out the best of highly detailed home audio style speakers.
    in support of Clipdat's and similar posts: at the end of the day, except for the very $$$ amps, they will add or leave their "signature" or "character" on the signal feeding your speakers. Pro gear, while robust as their specs make obvious (e.g. 2 ohm stability), typically won't sound as sweet as the recommended similar $'d consumer gear.

Meanwhile, enjoy your journey. Tony

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Nandikol
    Thanks a ton everyone for sharing great insight and knowledge.... thanks again
  • F1nut
    Stick around, we like having you here.

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Sure anytime f1nut ....this is the place where I can learn so many things from you all ... and to keep you posted my seller told me he will visit this weekend to my place with Yamaha PX3 and do a setup... he requested me to use it for few days without paying anything. If I don’t like he will take it back without a question
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Pro amp on home speakers = not good.

That Marantz 2ch amp is a nice amp to drive them speakers.

Emotive is a decent amp, I have the BasX-A300 and like it. If you can't afford a bigger amp Emotiva is the way to go.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Nandikol
    Sure mrloren.. thanks for the advise ... they kept me blocked for so many days ... hope everyone is doing well .. thanks
  • F1nut
    Any new developments with the power amp search?

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    No f1nut .... still trying to find within my budget, however as I said my seller has connected Yamaha PX3 pro amp for free of cost and told me to use it for few days without paying anything.... the technical guy visited my place did a setup... Iam not sure how power amp sounds but with this PX3 I feel lots of difference in sound quality .... rtia9 sounds amazing and I can feel the great sound quality with crystal clear sound.... he has also changed from LFE to line in on subwoofer and not sure why .... will that make a difference for sub ?... anyways I will keep you posted .. thank you
  • Clipdat
    Maybe the gentlemen who set up the Yammy turned off all the DSP/EQing crap and if the fan noise isn't an issue then... carry on.

Not sure what you mean by LFE to line in? Do you mean the RCA inputs on the back of the subwoofer?
    No f1nut .... still trying to find within my budget, however as I said my seller has connected Yamaha PX3 pro amp for free of cost and told me to use it for few days without paying anything.... the technical guy visited my place did a setup... Iam not sure how power amp sounds but with this PX3 I feel lots of difference in sound quality .... rtia9 sounds amazing and I can feel the great sound quality with crystal clear sound.... he has also changed from LFE to line in on subwoofer and not sure why .... will that make a difference for sub ?... anyways I will keep you posted .. thank you

• Nandikol
    Clipdat- Yes, may be he has done the settings as you said ...! Anyways Iam going to test it for some more time and see how it’s sounds .... fan sound is not so audible as it is very low .... yes you are right ... these many day It was connected from Yamaha subwoofer out to LFE/R on subwoofer, however now he removed it from LFE/R and connected it to Line in- on subwoofer .
  • F1nut
    If you are using your system for HT you'd want to use the LFE connection.

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    F1nut - Ohh great ... yes I only watch movies and listen to music ... that’s it ... cool I will change it to LFE/R Tomm... and will experiment with movies likes mad max, San Andres, gravity, Avatar to name few and more .. thanks again
  • F1nut
    Did he explain why he changed it?

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Nothing that sort f1nut, after he left I noticed he has changed it ..... not sure why he did that ..
  • F1nut
    Ok, when you speak with him again tell him you changed back. See what he says.

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Sure will do that and confirm you
  • Nandikol
    Hello everyone..... I was again blocked till today ... hope everyone is doing well