are they realy better ?
i hope in your opinion
thank you :wink:

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Lousy color choice, IMO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• so none improvement ?, about your point of view ?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    The changed the way the leads are connected internally. I haven't had ears on them yet.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • if you will take ears on them please advise :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I am interested to use them. I almost purchased them for a project I am about to use but the wait time didn't work into the schedule. The original MR and ESA are some of the best caps out there so it would be interesting to compare.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AroundTheSound
    AroundTheSound Posts: 11
    edited October 2016
    VR3 wrote: »
    I am interested to use them. I almost purchased them for a project I am about to use but the wait time didn't work into the schedule. The original MR and ESA are some of the best caps out there so it would be interesting to compare.
    yeah, ESA and MR (MR in head) are the best caps i udes, about my point of view better then every series of mundorf.
    IMHO
    i think we are all intrested to your comparison between MR vs CRM and/or ESA vs CSA
    we stay tuned :)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2016
    please go back to the theme, thanks :wink:

No one here has used them (yet).

Welcome to ClubPolk.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • thank you for your support :smile:
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    Welcome AroundTheSound,

The ESA and MR are selling at half off price. Excellent deal, I may say that its impossible to find better cap at this price.

Anyway, How much better can it be? Marketing is a ****, companies are hard pressed to find come up with updates on a regular basis...

At 50% off on ESA and MR I would not even be curious in knowing what is the sonic improvements of the new lines are.

It's like cars, oh hell I still drive a 1983 Mercedez Benz 3.5 Turbo-Diesel station-wagon... 435,000 miles on it.

By the way, where are you from?
  • AroundTheSound
    edited October 2016
    thank you cortico, much apprecied, you reply
    i'm from italy, your curiosity is now fulfilled, now i hope know why
    :smile:
  • F1nut
    The boys were just having a little fun, there was no reason remove half the posts in this thread.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by F1nut on

President of Club Polk

• AroundTheSound
    edited October 2016
    I do not understand why this bad welcome, it's probably better that I do not write more
    really i don't understand!!!
    this forum is probably not as good as hoped
    for me the thread is closed
  • F1nut
    What bad welcome?

President of Club Polk

• cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    thank you cortico, much apprecied, you reply
    i'm from italy, your curiosity is now fulfilled, now i hope know why
    :smile:

Just curious, I am from Lisbon, not too far from where you are. It's good to know that there more foreigns like "me" hanging around...

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I do not understand why this bad welcome, it's probably better that I do not write more
    really i don't understand!!!
    this forum is probably not as good as hoped
    for me the thread is closed

Whatever online translator you're using isn't translating properly, try a different one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Should have some insight on this for you guys soon.........x8ogufws0vja.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    The ESA or MR are more $ over the PX. Is it worth the $ale & trouble to upgrade my DC blocking caps?

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174880/tri-amped-rti-a7#latest

Felice Natale Luke 2:7-14
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Luke 2:7-14 ... +1
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • hauxon
    hauxon Posts: 161

...and would you say the CSA is a definite improvemt over the ESA?
    SRS 1.2 TL | SDA 2B Studio TL | NAD M51 preamp/dac | DIY SET 300B tube amplifier | Cambridge Audio Azur 851W | Chromecast Audio | RoPieee Roon Raspberry Pi endpoint
  • F1nut
    The color isn't.

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    hauxon wrote: »

...and would you say the CSA is a definite improvemt over the ESA?
    More of an evolution. The ESAs are/were great caps, the CSAs are a tad better. They're also YUGE.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited January 2018
    skrol wrote: »
    Luke 2:7-14 ... +1
    is that a yes or no?

I'm using 68uf CC PX for a 1.8-2K EXO frequency. I'll seriously consider a larger value when they're on sale.

Got a couple bigger items to tend to right now.

Thnx, Tony

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • the +1 means that's a yes
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp