Off topic 4k internet connection

Just got 4k Samsung. After tv identities my network, it wants password, but before last digit is entered, it starts to try to connect. Samsung was no help. Do I need to shorten my password. Now 12 digits.

Very frustrating. Thanks for any help. Oh, it also shows spectrum as internet carrier, it is att.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Could be the TV is picking up a neighbor's WiFi connection and trying to connect with that. I live in a single family home but the TV can pick up weak signals from three other houses.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Emlyn's post above makes a lot of sense based on your symptoms. If your TV has Wi-Fi, try disabling that in the menu and hard-wire the TV directly to your modem.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Does the TV have a wifi WPS? Push the router WPS buttom as the TV WPS is on if it's like a phone if should see it and no password needs to be input. They will talk to each other and sync up.
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    The interface shows that it is connecting to my router. I've just wired it to my amazon fire, which is on an hdmi switcher for now. This I bypass the internet and apps on the TV....I'd just like to see if the TV Inet and apps work better.

My modem is in on a different floor. The work around works, but wastes part of what I paid for (even if I don't end up using it)...thanks
  • I bought a Samsung 4K last month. No issues connecting my WiFi. My password is 10 digits, if that helps.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant