It's time for the Jedi to end...

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    andrew82 wrote: »
    @tonyb I actually really enjoyed Rogue One for what it was. The characters were refreshing, if a bit underdeveloped. No single one really did it for me; it was more the way they worked together that held my attention.

I do agree that most Star Wars movies operate on a stale, recycled narrative. This is why I recommended above that they focus on an entirely different segment of the story, given the vast trove of canon they have to draw on. I think-if anything-Rogue One has shown the producers at Disney that they can be a bit more creative with the IP , and develop it beyond the traditional tropes and narrative.

We both Immensely enjoyed it.
    A lot of the Star Wars stuff bores me, but this one was enjoyable and not silly.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Good movies so far, I just watched TESB 3 weeks ago.
    *climbs back into DeLorean to see the rest in chronological release order*
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The official full length trailer is amazing.... December 15th is getting close.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Marfly
    Marfly Posts: 66
    I would prefer those Twilek dancing girls...

We can do that! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFc7qCsz_M

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    To Infinity and Beyond!!! Buzz Lightyear
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited October 2017
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    tonyb wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.

I'm the exact opposite. The Force Awakens was just a bigger version of A New Hope, pretty much the same exact story, just bigger. The dude that plays the Kilo, he looks like he should be doing "I cannot believe it's not butter" commercials. A dark haired Fabo with the same acting skills, none. Horrible casting with the new, final trilogy.

You want to take lack of imagination, that Force Awakens is the poster child.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I enjoy all the Star Wars Movies. I'm just happy that it's still around after all these years.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Ron-P wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.

I'm the exact opposite. The Force Awakens was just a bigger version of A New Hope, pretty much the same exact story, just bigger. The dude that plays the Kilo, he looks like he should be doing "I cannot believe it's not butter" commercials. A dark haired Fabo with the same acting skills, none. Horrible casting with the new, final trilogy.

You want to take lack of imagination, that Force Awakens is the poster child.

Yep, I agree. I thought Rogue One was the best of the Star Wars since A New Hope, and in many ways better because there was actual human dialogue, solid acting, and it didn't rely on (as much) the existence of certain characters...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    The premier was Saturday nite... who’s got tickets already?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2017
    At least you guys are still enjoying your movies. JJ Abraham Lincoln turned Star Trek into cookie cutter action flicks wearing a Star Trek dress with references here and there. Same for the new Discovery show. Sad. The Orville is the most Star Trek thing going on around here.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Purchased tickets back in October :) I have to wait until the 16th to see it though due to work :(
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Going to see it Thursday night through customer outing at work.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Tickets for Thursday night 8:15pm. So excited that Episode 8 is here!
    No excuses!
  • nooshinjohn
    My ticket is for Saturday at noon, IMAX 3D and Atmos

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I always wait until the first week of January when the kids are back in school. No spoilers please on this forum!
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    No spoilers but I was not impressed.
  • nooshinjohn
    I have read similar comments....

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    simm wrote: »
    I was not impressed.
    I have read similar comments....
    flwsg7b5l87q.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Two positive reviews in the local (San Francisco and San Jose) papers. Will find out if true when 4K UHD Blueray is released.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Empire Strikes Back 2.0
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Just got back from a screening.... Not thrilled, but not bummed either. As a preface, up till tonight I had only seen the very first teaser, then cut myself off from any SW media.

I guess I was hoping for something a bit more poignant?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    SPOILER: Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father and the girl from "The Professional" (1994) is his mother, which isn't even possible because she was just a kid in that and Luke was born about 18 years before 1977. I call SHENANIGANS!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009

My Step Daughter LOVED it. She went Thur. night.
    She is a HUGE fan of Star Wars. More than I am I think.

I have frequently asked her about the chronological order of SW movies and their characters.

She has tried to answer and explain why to my questions like these.

Who's who at what age ?
    So and so is who's dad ?
    She's the mother of who ?

What city was saved and where does it fall in the original 6 movies ?
    It doesn't ?

Hans Solo was killed ?
    Who did it ?
    He did ?
    Damn . :s

And I've seen most of the movies in a theater too. The latest ones with her and her mother; my wife.

The last 2 movies were a little confusing to me. I had a lot going on in my life and maybe my attention to the details of the movies were foggy.
    I even forgot Hans Solo was killed and by who and how.
    That's really bad memory retention if you ask me.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    Alzheimer's perhaps :p;)

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm at that age and at times my wife says I have a bad memory problem when in fact, she's the one with it. :o:s

I Shure hope I'm not starting down that road. My wife will kill me if I get on her nerves more than I already do sometimes.

Now my Tinnitus is getting on my nerves. It started a few months ago. I hope I don't have to live out the rest of my life with 11 kHz. ringing in my ears 24/7. Some hope though, the right ear comes and goes thank GOD. I told my PA and she said ALOT of people this year got Tinnitus. Maybe it's because of the Wilm. City Water system..??

It surely can't be my stereo listening habits lately. I haven't rocked out hardly at all. :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    Just returned, and was really impressed... great movie, and fits well in the story of the other films.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Just returned, and was really impressed... great movie, and fits well in the story of the other films.

Dork B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Dork B)
    Saw the original film 300 times in the theater in the summer of ‘77, and Empire and Return of the Jedi at least a hundred each...