Worst movie that I've ever seen

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited November 2014
    Have you ever seen one so bad that you have erased it from your mind?? Well I have just that movie, so when my wife wakes up here I'll have to ask her what that name of this truly bad movie is. The actor never leaves his car and is the only person in the movie start to finish. Movie shares the actor and for the life of me I have blocked it once again and can't remember the title!! Waste of film, and is my #1 take on what has to be the all time worst movie ever! I will add the name of the movie here shortly!!

Love the new edit time: Movie is called "Locke"!!
    Post edited by tophatjohnny on
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Speaking of Stallone.....'Cobra' was about as bad as a movie can get! It was even worse than 'Over the Top' or that other movie he was singing in with Dolly Parton! :p

LOL, there is no version of reality where Cobra is as bad as Over The Top. At least Cobra had a cool car, Over The Top was pure garbage start to finish. Though honestly neither movie is really watchable.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2014
    I realize it may be a small distinction for some people, but it's an important one. There's a difference between movies we don't like and movies that are either good or bad. I'll admit there are plenty of bad movies I like and probably more good movies that I don't like. For example, I fully recognize something like The King's Speech as a good movie, and yet didn't like it at all.

Locke, mentioned above, is another example. It's actually a good movie and was very well reviewed and received. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but have it in my Netflix queue based on reviews and recommendations from a few friends.

Drive is another movie like that, except I actually watched that one and didn't like it. I can watch it and recognize and appreciate the fact that it's a good movie, but I didn't actually LIKE it.
  • I realize it may be a small distinction for some people, but it's an important one. There's a difference between movies we don't like and movies that are either good or bad. I'll admit there are plenty of bad movies I like and probably more good movies that I don't like. For example, I fully recognize something like The King's Speech as a good movie, and yet didn't like it at all.

Locke, mentioned above, is another example. It's actually a good movie and was very well reviewed and received. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but have it in my Netflix queue based on reviews and recommendations from a few friends.

Drive is another movie like that, except I actually watched that one and didn't like it. I can watch it and recognize and appreciate the fact that it's a good movie, but I didn't actually LIKE it.

You get down with the movie Locke and very interested to hear your take. And I'm seeing it is all a matter of taste. Someone earlier mentioned that Will Ferrell is no good?? Actually said more than that, but there's his taste!! We love the guy. And wife and I got a kick out of Adam Sandlers Blended movie, so it's all personal. And a generalization that any percentage of movies are not good as of late??, just have to add that again, it's all personal. The movie Locke (to myself and my wife) was just a waste of time. Give me Dejango all day everyday and twice on Sunday and I'll be fine!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I really liked that french movie "Amelie" I thought it was silly, funny, campy and it just work for me. but I know others who could not sit thru it.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • RandyWilliamson
    RandyWilliamson Posts: 178
    edited November 2014
    Locke is definitely an amnesia inducing tu-rd roll of film let me tell you that i cannot for the life of me remember how that movie ended. And barely the beginning. I did however thank that gfriend for weeks for robbing my life of 2 hrs w her selection as i had written that movie off before giving it the chance to burn my brain cells. I think cheap low budget movies like this are a massive ripoff and people should get up and demand thier money back....i know i would have. Theres another one like this where i think ryan reynolds is in a wooden casket and some bomb or crap is ticking....another ripoff. 1 scene1 room props movies should be grounds for money back.

I liked Drive but i know what u mean many people hate it....for me it worked as i felt it was lowkey and not over the top. It had realism imo. the hero was more of an anti hero. Great soundtrack. Great old mechanic. I felt it was in touch w street jobs and the characters that make cr-ap go wrong. An instant classic as it was directed well, good story, good actors and acting. It had errie ironic moments and i think thats where it loses people. It may not be a favorite but its an excellent example of american filming.

And for another strange film but a bit sadistic try Only god forgives....not for everybody and an offbeat feel but i thought it was very entertaining.
    Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
    Benq W5000

"Leaning back like a maxwell tape commercial listening to pure polk bliss"
  • Locke is definitely an amnesia inducing tu-rd roll of film let me tell you that i cannot for the life of me remember how that movie ended. And barely the beginning. I did however thank that gfriend for weeks for robbing my life of 2 hrs w her selection as i had written that movie off before giving it the chance to burn my brain cells. I think cheap low budget movies like this are a massive ripoff and people should get up and demand thier money back....i know i would have. Theres another one like this where i think ryan reynolds is in a wooden casket and some bomb or crap is ticking....another ripoff. 1 scene1 room props movies should be grounds for money back.

I liked Drive but i know what u mean many people hate it....for me it worked as i felt it was lowkey and not over the top. It had realism imo. the hero was more of an anti hero. Great soundtrack. Great old mechanic. I felt it was in touch w street jobs and the characters that make cr-ap go wrong. An instant classic as it was directed well, good story, good actors and acting. It had errie ironic moments and i think thats where it loses people. It may not be a favorite but its an excellent example of american filming.

And for another strange film but a bit sadistic try Only god forgives....not for everybody and an offbeat feel but i thought it was very entertaining.

So right on Randy. Locke is an abomination of the the movie world and should be banned from the lucky ones that have not yet wasted their time as of yet!
  • Bumping this thread up POMPEII and Hercules fell asleep on both movies !!!!! horrible effects on lion fight scene !!!!
  • I've already posted my entry, but one movie series that MUST be mentioned is the Sharknado series. The premise is just so silly that I couldn't even give myself over to watching it. Think about it. Sharks, which are marine animals, get sucked into a tornado and live long enough INSIDE THE TORNADO to land. Then, after logic dictates that they should be dead from oxygen deprivation, the sharks are still lively enough to chomp on some poor, unsuspecting victim. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Well, I did it. I am ashamed to admit it, but I did it. Last Saturday, I WATCHED SHARKNADO 2!! I don't know why I watched it. Maybe temporary insanity. IT WAS TERRIBLE!!
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2017
    The movie Mordecai will make you write letters of apology to all of your past teachers for wasting their efforts on trying to make you intelligent. What a stinker!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    The movie Mordecai will make you write letters of apology to all of your past teachers for waisting their efforts on trying to make you intelligent. What a stinker!
    Thanks Ken, we need to know what not to waste time with and trusting most of these opinions is a good time saver!!!!!

• Pink Flamingos.

Saw it in High School with some friends in Detroit. When we left the theater we all agreed that officially "WE HAD NEVER SEEN THIS MOVIE".

It looked like a bunch of perverts with a camera, no skills, and no budget made a movie....actually, come to think of it, that is exactly what it was.

Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Pink Flamingos

Part of that movie was filmed in the house of two sisters I went to school with. Their mother was a friend of John Waters. I've been in the house many times, but never saw the movie.

Worst movie, Magnolia
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Pink Flamingos

Part of that movie was filmed in the house of two sisters I went to school with. Their mother was a friend of John Waters. I've been in the house many times, but never saw the movie.

Worst movie, Magnolia

I think the part where 400 pound transvestite "Divine" literally eats dogshit put it out of consideration for an Oscar.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    The English Patient. Won best picture. I dare you to sit all the way through this bore fest.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    From what i've heard from friends and tonight, a coworker...Fantastic Four is the current champ of stinkbombs. I'm refusing to go see it since it's literally getting torn to shreds by everyone. I've not heard one single person recommend it.

Movies from years ago, the only one i've ever walked out of the theater on was "Natural Born Killers." I even managed to sit through Superman 4: Quest for Peace in the theater, but almost walked out on that one as well.
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    John, yeah NBK was really bad. Rented it once, couldn't finish watching it either.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Never let the kids pick the movies...OMG
    Tom Hanks, "The Burbs"
    Zoolander
    and Polly Shore movies
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • I can't understand anyone not enjoying Natural Born Killers! Of course, it was released when I was a teenager and we wanted to be Mickey & Mallory. Recently I couldn't care enough to pay attention to Blackhat.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    NBK certainly wasn't a great movie, nor was it the worst. You have to give Woody his due though, he was pretty good in it.

Gravity was pretty bad for me.
    Exodus....horrible, absolutely horrible.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Manos: Hands of Fate
  • txcoastal1
    The Burbs---Tom Hanks
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    The Burbs---Tom Hanks

I love that movie!! (for all the wrong reasons) but love it just the same. It falls into the Army of Darkness category for me.
  • txcoastal1
    Ben Stiller slapstick movies

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    FestYboy wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    The Burbs---Tom Hanks

I love that movie!! (for all the wrong reasons) but love it just the same. It falls into the Army of Darkness category for me.

Army of Darkness is a Cult Classic.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Totally agree. I've got another one that should be in that category: The Fearless Vampire Killers.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Totally agree. I've got another one that should be in that category: The Fearless Vampire Killers.

I liked "The Fearless Vampire Killers". Roman Polanski directing his future wife, Sharon Tate, and Polanski plays the apprentice vamp killer. The movie includes a Jewish vampire, who, of course, doesn't fear the crucifix (just the Star of David).

Dumb, but I thought it was funny. (Guess that says something about me.) Not a great movie, but I have seen much, much worse.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Any of the Transformers movies.

Not sure about the worst, but I will say that the CGI Transformers did a better acting job than any of the humans in the first film.

I didn't bother seeing any others.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "The Sound of Music" it damaged my psyche and my chromosomes.